+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a new two channel sacd player.

I'm john.

Default Looking for a new two channel sacd player.

on the lookout for a new sacd player. Two channel would be prefered. budget of 500 quid and not much more. Anyone have recommendatins and also where to buy online in mainland UK?...no Pioneer recommendations my las one went tits up after 2 years.
    John.

I'm john.

second hand is not an option
    John.

I'm Peter.

I'm andrew.

Marantz KI Pearle Lite can be had for c£650.
    Andy.

I'm john.

I'm no longer looking for one. I looked a few places and the ones I fancied were too expensive. I've went through 3 sacd players in the last 10 years two sonys and a pioneer all packed in way too soon even though they were looked after. I was quoated £160 to have the last sony repired but could've bought a new one at the time for 10 quid more.
    John.

I'm Jason.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-CDS...item53f9bfd1f1

for future ref for anyone
    £389 new for a yamaha sacd player

I wouldn't mind having that Yammi.
    Beautiful machine nice price too.
    I think those are running higher here (1k?) on this side of the pond.
    Pathos Classic One MKII, Marantz SA15 S2 Ltd, Usher CP6371, Clearaudio Emotion, CMB, Carbon Satisfy arm, Vista Audio Phono 1 MKII ACLE, Dyna 10x5, AT OC9ML/II, Ortofon X5MC, All WyWires.

I'm Andrei.

Default SACD

Cambridge Audio 651BD would do the trick. I have the 650, very reliable machine and won a shootout against 5 other players, all more expensive, in the December 2010 edition of Hi-Fi Choice. 400 quid. The other players were Arcam CD37, Marantz SA8003, Oppo BD83, Pioneer PD-D9 Mk2, Yanaha CD-S1000. The cost of the other players ranged from £750 to £1300. It was best sound, best features and far and away the best price. I have had mine for two years and it has not missed a beat. I use it for two channel SACD.
    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Sources:[/B] [B]1[/B][/COLOR] PC & Wyred4Sound DAC-2 DSDse   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]2[/B][/COLOR] Oppo BDP105   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]3[/B][/COLOR] Technics SL·1210 MK5 (Jelco 750D · Benz Wood).    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speaker Cable[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=black]Nordost Frey.[/COLOR]    [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Interconnects [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Oyaide[/COLOR][COLOR=black] & [/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Geisha [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Silver.
    [/COLOR][B][COLOR=#a52a2a]Phono Stage [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=black]Fosgate Signature V2. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Preamp [/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]Ayon Eris[/COLOR][COLOR=black]. [/COLOR]   [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Power Amp[/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]ATC P1. [/COLOR]  ​ [COLOR=#a52a2a][B]Speakers[/B][/COLOR] Triangle Magellan Cello.     [COLOR=#A9A9A9]Oh Sting, where is thy death?[/COLOR]

+ Reply to Thread