+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Townshend Excalibur.

I'm Shane.

Default Townshend Excalibur.

How much are they selling for these days? I'm talking about the original Excalibur arm, not the new one!!

Cheers.

I'm Gone.

I'd say £350 -£395.
    Your best chance to score a bargain would be to buy a fully specced Rock with excalibur and sell the bits on you don't use. Things like the Merlin and plinth/lid often fetch a very good price and the deck itself should get near £300. You'd probably get £5-600 for this lot and I've seen complete, fully specced decks with Excalibur go for around the same money (if you wait for he right one).
    That means you could get the Excalibur for nothing! Who knows, you might even get a nice MC cart to boot!

I'm Shane.

Nice one, Andrew!!

Cheers.

I'm Gone.

I've sold a couple of plinth/lid combos from Rocks I've owned. I think it is a cheap and tacky add-on that spoils the look of the deck, but others love them. IIRC I got £150 for the black one and £175 for the walnut one. You'll get a bit less if the lid is the yucky yellow one though.

I've never had a Merlin, but I've seen one go for £150. They appear very rarely, which only increases their value. Analogue Experience made a third party PSU for the Rock, often referred to as ANEX. I've bought one of these for £100 before. My first Rock, I bought in 1987 and, maybe it's just rose tinted glasses, it seemed to sound better than any that have followed. There do seem to have been a few variations in terms of outer platter/mat and I am sure I've seen a difference in the bearing/sub-platter. Maybe this explains it or maybe I'm just getting old

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    I've sold a couple of plinth/lid combos from Rocks I've owned. I think it is a cheap and tacky add-on that spoils the look of the deck, but others love them. IIRC I got £150 for the black one and £175 for the walnut one. You'll get a bit less if the lid is the yucky yellow one though.

I've never had a Merlin, but I've seen one go for £150. They appear very rarely, which only increases their value. Analogue Experience made a third party PSU for the Rock, often referred to as ANEX. I've bought one of these for £100 before. My first Rock, I bought in 1987 and, maybe it's just rose tinted glasses, it seemed to sound better than any that have followed. There do seem to have been a few variations in terms of outer platter/mat and I am sure I've seen a difference in the bearing/sub-platter. Maybe this explains it or maybe I'm just getting old
    You like having a 'raw'' Rock I've always liked the plinth + lid, keeps the dust away!!

I'm Gone.

Yeah, the dust can be a real pain. It also spoils the silicone in the trough. When I was younger I fashioned a leather cover for the trough, which exactly matched the shape and size. Must have had too much time in my hands

I'm John.

Fellow Rock aficionados! My solution isn't as fashionable as Andrew's but it does the job and looks better than the original plinth & cover IMO. I had it made by a local perspex merchant for beer money. I do replace my silicone oil every six month tho.

I'm Shane.

Looks neat, John.

I'm John.

Quote Originally Posted by southall-1998 View Post
    Looks neat, John.
    Cheers, Shane. Yes, get an Excalibur of any condition and have it rebuilt, bearing checked, lubricated, rewired, even sand blasted and re-sprayed. It's definitely worth it.

+ Reply to Thread