+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sexy Arms

Dave

its the rest/arm lift that feels a bit wobbly not the arm (actually its not wobbly but more oddly aligned, doesnt look quite right and when you lift the arm it veers a bit) - arm looks in pretty good nick and I like it a lot already - simple elegant looks and easy to work with - sounds good already although I only have a cheap knackered shure cart in as I don't have anything else to hand

need to get a new cart now and see how it all comes together - I will send it off to J7 anyway for a rewire at some point so can ask him to look at the rest then

rgds
    darren

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenw View Post
    Dave

its the rest/arm lift that feels a bit wobbly not the arm (actually its not wobbly but more oddly aligned, doesnt look quite right and when you lift the arm it veers a bit) - arm looks in pretty good nick and I like it a lot already - simple elegant looks and easy to work with - sounds good already although I only have a cheap knackered shure cart in as I don't have anything else to hand

need to get a new cart now and see how it all comes together - I will send it off to J7 anyway for a rewire at some point so can ask him to look at the rest then

rgds
    darren
    Sounds like the glue used to set it has failed. I have an Alphason Zenon that has done the same thing. I reckon a spot of super glue would fix it. It moves from side to side if you touch it, and the lifting action is odd as it sinks under the weight of the arm tube so lift lower is crap. I can use the arm with out it so its not an issue and its on a TT which I don't use......anymore.

Does it look...feel like a glue failure issue. ?

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

sounds exactly like that - will have a closer look in the daylight tomorrow - cueing is certainly a bitch to do as it veers on lowering

thanks
    darren

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Well worth doing IMO. The Alphason will happily track a Decca as clean as a whistle, so it's got to be good
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenw View Post
    sounds exactly like that - will have a closer look in the daylight tomorrow - cueing is certainly a bitch to do as it veers on lowering

thanks
    darren

Your welcome.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Thanks to a generous good friend/fiend I met on an audio forum, here's a little beauty in need of re-wiring.. (Hope you don't mind me posting your images Paul...

It comes from a Kenwood KD750, which had a mediocre review in 'Choice years ago, due to it not sounding like a Linn.. The arm seems to have a reasonable performance compared to the others of its ilk, the only query being the horizontal bearing friction isn't as low as some others (this one also doesn't "swing" many times given the Linn Pendulum Test...). I still look forward to getting it to Audio Origami for a work-out and fitting it to something it deserves (a TD125 currently, but any modified Rega plate will do..). One notable thing with it is the exquisite drill-chuck method of locking the pillar in place...
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12