+ Reply to Thread

Thread: You know you've got it right when...

I'm Rich.

Default You know you've got it right when...

After having my usual Saturday morning mess around, swaping cables etc.... I put some Radio Paradise on and went to have a shower, when I came back Mrs B was in the listening chair singing away to her favourite Crowded House and Bowie songs.

Then she went to the laptop and put some songs on by Wye Oak, an artist I've never heard of. Normally she never goes near the system except to turn it down but to see her getting so much enjoyment from it I took as a sign that the tinkering had achieved something my knackered ears (too many years playing in loud bands and stood next to a drummer) had not recognised.

I know we all spend more time with our systems than other family members and think we know their sound intricately but theres something nice about when someone who couldn't give a toss what type of cables you use responds to it an emotional level. My mate and his Mrs came back to ours after the pub a few weeks ago and she got the listening chair, her face when she heard her favorite rock tunes blasting out was priceless and we were putting on requests from her all night. Basically when we get a sound that we (and the ladies) can live with then maybe we should take that as a good sign.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm Richard.

Default Absolutrly

Spot on. I have just rambled for far too long on the DAC thread saying much the same

+ Reply to Thread