+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wonder if this guy is not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Scissors.

Seriously though, this is a journalist with column inches to fill, and her comments need to be taken with several pinches of salt. Why would switching from physical formats to computer-based audio cause someone's musical tastes to take a sudden nose-dive?
    Would you enjoy watching adult movies as much as having a physical involvement?

I'm joe.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    Would you enjoy watching adult movies as much as having a physical involvement?
    That would only be a valid analogy if we were comparing listening to live music versus listening to recorded music. A more valid question would be 'Would you enjoy watching adult movies on VHS tape as much as via an internet feed?'

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Scissors.

Seriously though, this is a journalist with column inches to fill, and her comments need to be taken with several pinches of salt. Why would switching from physical formats to computer-based audio cause someone's musical tastes to take a sudden nose-dive?
    A lot of people seem to need this sound in the background. It can be horrid as long as not too loud.
    Some of the stuff I hear on Radio 1 in the day as I'm passing is just awful - perhaps as it always was.
    Point taken with Journos but this one sounded about right.
    One of our customers got rid of all his vinyl and now regrets it terribly. I've heard of a few people getting rid of CDs and ripping - to MP3 in the main - regrets to come or not ?
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I'm not joining in with this thread - you lot have slagged off half my music collection!

Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Werner Berghofer View Post
    Steve,

Marco,

English is not my native language, so I wonder if “this guy” and “his sentiments” properly also can be used for a female. The linked article from the “The Guardian” was written by a woman called Sophie Heawood.

Werner.
    Blimey Werner
    Says more about me really!!
    Just an immediate presumption.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123