+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ever changing system

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The baffles are so narrow it probably won't make a difference, but traditional convention has it that tweeters should be on the inside, to minimise confusing baffle reflections messing with the image.

By the way, Harbeth SHL5's do have air and sparkle, but maybe not so much with transformer coupled valve amps with high output impedance, as the bass then dominates too much - in my experience anyway The latest incarnation seems to have addressed this, but they're not so 'warm toned' now.
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Didier.

I really liked my SHL5 but fancied a change for an even easier load. My initial project was to buy a 845 or 300B based amplifier.

300B PSE (I was not really interested in PP except in Viva) are rare and at the beginning I wasn't sure that a 300B SET could pair my 91db DeVore but in fact after a few listening session, it seems to work pretty well.

I'm Didier.

Change of valves, now with EML 300B XLS, less blue light, better sound; lot of dust too

I'm Didier.

I have just taken the plunge for a pair of Auditorium 23 Roiene speakers They are amazing, I will have to make decisions soon between speakers before my wife urges me to do !!

[IMG][/IMG]

I'm John.

That's one hell of a system you have going there Didier; absolutely stunning!
    I'm a big fan of Amazon tt's (having owned the 2 for a while). What cartridge are you currently using?

I'm Didier.

A humble Garrott P77.

I don't fancy to climb the MC price ladder once again.

I'm John.

I would hardly describe the P77 as humble...

I'm Didier.

I had a Nagaoka MP50 too but I recently sold it. It was very good and really mellifluous but a little bit more "pipe ans sleepers" than the Garrott.

I am totally delighted by the speakers, of course they are bass shy compared to the regular audiophile stuff but music flows through them in a way that I can't describe.

I'm Peter.

That's my sort of system, Didier! I've been intrigued by Auditorium speakers for a while now, but we rarely see them in the UK, unfortunately. It would be interesting to hear from anyone else with experience of their speakers.
    http://www.auditorium-23.de/Welcome/Contents.html

I'm Didier.

Mines are pretty old (20 years ??), they came with speakers that Auditorium 23 used before Phy. In fact, I bought them for pennies (some of them though )and they are more my liking than my DeVore !!!

I'm waiting for some Auditorium 23 speakers cables and I think I'll be done for a while.

Should you want to take a drive from North'ton to France, I'll welcome you with pleasure.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast