+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My ever changing system

I'm Josie.

Very cool indeed... That's one hell of a lump of marble for the TT and CDP... Superb!... is it my eyes or is the unit flexing a little?

I'm Didier.

Yes it is flexing but less than it seems on the pic.

I'm Alan.

Hi Didier,

I was going to contact you to see how you were getting on with the Firebottle, so this seems a good opportunity.

Great looking system

Alan
    I love Hendrix for so many reasons. He was so much more than just a blues guitarist - he played damn well any kind of guitar he wanted. In fact I'm not sure if he even played the guitar - he played music. - Stevie Ray Vaughan

I'm Didier.

Hi Alan,

it's doing well. I have let your details to a couple of French people and you may have some contacts soon.

I'm Didier.

Just a few words about the Gibbons.

As usual my purchase has been made without any prior listening. Anyway the 3 only places in Continental Europe where I could have heard them were Italy, Spain and Holland.
    I must admit that after a 6 hour drive from my place to Utrecht's area, my 5 first minutes with them made me feel miserable.
    My SHL5s had sold and what I was listening to was just bad, not quite as good as I was expected, no just bad and awful.
    They were playing with an AMR cd player and a huge SS Luxman, they were on some kind of platform with the tweeter a little bit higher than my ears and it was

When I plugged them on the ARC once back home, my opinion was that the less long I will have them, the better I will feel.
    In fact, the surprise was just great : they do match pretty well with the ARC, though not the most tubey of valve amplifiers but it makes me think that my choice was appropriate.

These speakers are even more my liking than the SHL5, the speakers I have kept and loved for 2 years. To the sound of the Harbies, they add some air, details and elegance in a way that makes them just sound great to my ears.

So as a conclusion : if you want to have a long and happy life, do not ever buy speakers without prior listening and do not leave it to chance as I did. Good things cannot happen every time or even twice.....

I'm Didier.

Last pic before I go ampless ................. for a couple of days

No more marble...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Grant.

Beautifully laid out Didier....Visually stunning.

Last edited by struth; 04-10-2014 at 23:07.
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Didier.

Well, now some blue lights are glowing in the night

[IMG][/IMG]

and a green one.....

I'm Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by dgolh View Post
    Well, now some blue lights are glowing in the night

[IMG][/IMG]

and a green one.....
    Wow looks really nice, is that an Alnic amplifier?
    Vinyl rig 1 - NAS Spacedeck / FR64s / Lab 12 Melto / Denon SUT / Ortofon GM SPU. Vinyl rig 2 Mono Set Up - Lenco GL75 c/w Jelco 750D / AT33 Mono / EAR 834P Modded. Amplifiers - Audio Note Empress Silver / Hattor Passive Pre. Digital - Fanless Mini PC / Lampizator TRP / Linear PSU / Hummingboard Network audio adaptor. Speakers - Horns.pl Mummy's. Cables are Audio Note / Albedo / Furutech Speaker wire. Power conditioner is a Gigawatt PC2 EVO

I'm Didier.

Yes, it is.

It is the small T1500 integrated. Sound is really gorgeous, better than my ARC with the DeVore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast