+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No pussies allowed . .

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdgoulding View Post
    I know that Brits are down with R&B. At least, the more fortunate are. So, what are the best, baddest singles you can name?

Not quite sure how you define R & B..but how about..

Betty Lavette: Let Me Down easy
    Dells: Stay In My Corner
    Radiants: Voice Your Choice
    Barbara McNair: Your Gonna Love My Baby
    and not forgetting..
    Frank Wilson: Do I love You (Indeed I do)
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

You don't seem to me to have a problem, ol man. To me it's what I heard on Texas radio in the 50's. There wasn't any youth music then. There was popular culture or there was black music. Every working musician to come out of Texas has some of this in his bones. And judging from the earliest British rock recordings known to me, seems our cousins over there were listening to a little of this, too. That's some pretty good stuff there, Stevie. I think you can consider yourself down. I don't know about these other guys so far tho, think they might be pussies.
    Last edited by jimdgoulding; 26-02-2008 at 22:52.
    Hear your music, not your speakers

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by jimdgoulding View Post
    And judging from the earliest British rock recordings known to me, seems our cousins over there were listening to a little of this, too. That's some pretty good stuff there, Stevie. I think you can consider yourself down. I don't know about these other guys so far tho, think they might be pussies.
    Yeah the whole UK "Mod /R&B scene was kicked off with the white beat boys getting to grips with the USA originals.
    Tis a known factoid that Mick & Keith used to buy their fix direct from Chess.. This sort of stuff mostly wasn't issued in the UK, and it shows what taste the boys had and the lengths they went to to get it..
    Add water... Makes It's own sauce! + Don't Do Rap.. Don't do Urrban.. Don't do Modern R&B and Don't Do Radio 1 cos it's all fecking SHITE

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Now do you mean smooth skinned black girls jiggling their lovely bottoms or do you mean proper rhythm and blues?
    Does Lowell Fulsom sound like girls jiggling their bottoms to you? I mean the nitty gritty. Down and dirty. The best, not the rest. Gimme some Little Walter, Johnny Otis, Junior Parker, James Brown, early Ray Charles, and you'd be gettin warm.

Blue Note records is having a renaissance of their 50's jazz artists on vinyl. A guy named Steve Hoffman is re-mixing the original tapes. He is wonderful!! As much as I hate to spend fifty bucks for a record I may already own, in a few cases I'll do it for prosperity and quality sound.

To get back on point . . gimme some real deal and be quick about it! Don't be a pussy!

Quote Originally Posted by Prince of Darkness View Post
    Prince, this link didn't work for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Russell Dawkins View Post
    Prince, this link didn't work for me...
    Sorry, try this.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/jones/
    "Always carry a large flagon of whisky, in case of snake bite and, furthermore, always carry a small snake."

Kevin

Thanks, K. You down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12