+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Townshend Rock Reference Photos.

I'm Shane.

Default Townshend Rock Reference Photos.

I've always liked the look of the ''original'' Townshend Rock Reference Turntable!! Pity, I've never heard one though Oh well, at least I have an Elite Rock!!

Any 'ex' Rock Reference owners on here that has still kept pics? If so, please post them on this thread.

I'm Gone.

I wish I'd bought one. Had a few Rocks over the years and heard the Reference. You hardly see them now. When I get the chance, I'll probably seek out a Roksan TMS. I'm used to the Roksan sound now.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
    I wish I'd bought one. Had a few Rocks over the years and heard the Reference. You hardly see them now. When I get the chance, I'll probably seek out a Roksan TMS. I'm used to the Roksan sound now.
    What did you think of the Reference at the time?

I'm Gone.

It was a bit better than the standard Rock, but only a bit. Both had Excalibur arms and OC9 carts. The ordinary Rock had the Merlin PSU too. It just sounded a little bit more solid and a tiny bit more stable. The noise floor was very low on both decks. In spite of the trough, I always found the Rock to be very sensitive to arm changes. I've used a couple of Helius arms, A Rega RB300 and an Alphason Xenon MCS. All were hugely different. Never had an Excalibur but still feel the urge when I see one

I'm Shane.

Yeah, the little Rock IMO is good value!!!

+ Reply to Thread