+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats Wid Da Black

I'm Robert.

Default Whats Wid Da Black

It's no secret that I am one seriously big fan of the Superb Ortofon 2M Black, in fact it's the only cart for me unless I ever have the mad amounts ie: £1650 to try it's bigger mc brother the Cadenza Black. I personally hail the 2M Black as the best mm out there. When launched not too long ago it could be had for under £400 and soon creaped up where it seemed to settle at £460 approx. I've just had a look on the 'Bay as I know I'll likely need another at some point and Blimey !! the majority are now closer £500, with one at £663 and another at £885.62 or best offer Can someone tell me what da fecks goin on ? Have me and others over spouted just how good this cart is or wot to our detriment ?

I'm mike.

I have no idea what's happening but i love mine and i ain't sellin'....well not before they reach a grand anyway!
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

I'm Dave.

No idea why anyone would pay more than the latest retail price of £495 inc VAT..

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

FleeceBay, IMHO, is not a great place to determine fair market value, as legitimate retailers almost always have "in production" items for less. As a matter of fact, the price swing on out of production items has become rather wide. There's always some joker trying to sell a "rare" record for $500 (which was actually pressed in massive quantities and remains ubiquitous). Some of the listings I've seen in the past few months aren't even good for a laugh anymore. When you can list for free, I suppose that's what happens.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    No idea why anyone would pay more than the latest retail price of £495 inc VAT..
    Agreed - just done 5 mins trawling the www and yes, it's £495 at several UK retailers.

Stormingly good cartridge.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

+ Reply to Thread