+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HDMI Help..

I'm Mark.

That makes sense now, it is an RS232 cable with the D plug, no use for your TV as thats for controlling from a home automation system etc,

HDMI to HDMI is all you need.

I'm Jason.

Cheers Mark I'm totally new to digital so you've been a great help. I might even get rid of the video next for a DVD player lol.

Cheer all

Jason.

I'm Jason.

Hi guys just one more question on the cable, is it worth spending a fortune on a hdmi cable or not. I always try to by the best cables possible as I know they make a difference so is it the case with one of these.

Cheers

Jason.

I'm Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by jason View Post
    Hi guys just one more question on the cable, is it worth spending a fortune on a hdmi cable or not. I always try to by the best cables possible as I know they make a difference so is it the case with one of these.

Cheers

Jason.
    Definately not a Fortune! A good, even very good, cable can be had for not much dough. But there are bad cables out there, i dont trust ebay for cables generally, and it can be hard to know the difference. I have been stung before.

If i were buying new cables, and have time for postage, i would go with Mark. You can be confident he has ensured good value for quality:
    http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/in...ex&cPath=38_26
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Alan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubies View Post
    Definately not a Fortune! A good, even very good, cable can be had for not much dough. But there are bad cables out there, i dont trust ebay for cables generally, and it can be hard to know the difference. I have been stung before.

If i were buying new cables, and have time for postage, i would go with Mark. You can be confident he has ensured good value for quality:
    http://markgrantcables.co.uk/shop/in...ex&cPath=38_26
    Excellent advice re MG Cables.

I'm Jason.

Hi Stuart thanks for the link, I bought one the other day from asda just to try it out cost £8
    picture can be a bit blockie if that's a word LOL, do you think a better lead would sort this out. Just had a look at Marks cables and the G1080 looks a lot better than mine.

Cheers

Jason.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

+2 for Mark's cables. Great VFM.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Hi Stuart thanks for the link, I bought one the other day from asda just to try it out cost £8
    picture can be a bit blockie if that's a word LOL, do you think a better lead would sort this out. Just had a look at Marks cables and the G1080 looks a lot better than mine.

Cheers

Jason.
    Sounds like a settings problem more than anything else ...
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm Stuart.

Cheers

Jason.
    Im not sure what would cause the blockie picture. My Cambridge id100 dock does not have an hdmi out - so i cant try to duplicate your results, sorry.

However i can report that the WIFI streaming of the picture from an iPad -> Apple TV -> TV is very high quality, and works fine. So there is no reason the picture coming out of the iPad would be blockie (that i know of).

Sorry, im not much help here.
    New System (so far): Meridian 506 CD/ALAC -> Unison Research Little Italy -> Spendor S5e
    Secondary system: Airport Express -> BeoLab 3 Speakers (still need replacing - too fatiguing)
    TV Room: Marantz NR 1504-> Usher S520/525 speakers
    Original System: NAD C541 CD Player -> NAD C340 Amp -> lamp cord -> B&W CM2 Speakers, Ipod/Itunes ALAC- secondary source

I'm Jason.

Thanks for the help guys I'll have a mess around with the setting soon as pos.

Jason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12