+ Reply to Thread

Thread: power supply question.

I'm Jerry.

Default power supply question.

A simple query. Can two pieces of equipment be run off one 12v supply?
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

Sure.

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

Long as the equipment used does not exceed the supplies current it should be fine

I'm Jerry.

Hmmm I feel a little project coming on.
    My home-made power supply for my SB3 (1Amp) could possibly also feed my 7520 which only needs 100mA if I am reading the spec correctly. So I just need to check the amperage, get a decent bit of cable and a plug.
    There must be a catch somewhere.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Rob.

I'm Jerry.

Hi Puffin,
    No I hadn't seen the article but I wouldn't dream of any SB3 upgrades myself.
    Audiocom do a digital upgrade but I cant find anyone who has had it done to find if its worthwhile.
    Start saving for an SB3+?
    Jerry

Nice and effective mods on DD which would be worthwhile

I'll be doing some mods to a Duet receiver at some point which is basically the same thing as the SB3, soon as I do I'll start a thread and adding what is and whats not worthwhile

Never tried a SB+ but their reported to be extremely good, at a price

Bit of a pricey upgrade but would be very interesting to hear your comments how it would compare against your SB3 + Standac if you did decide to go that route.

+ Reply to Thread