+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Who's Got The Most Kit & Clutter?

I'm Nobody.

I think im gonna be faced with an LP storage problem pretty soon, i physically cannot get anymore in my man cave!

I'm Geoff.

Have we figured out who's he winner on component count yet? Or are there more contenders in the wings?
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Bloody hell Adam, what's wrong? Your turntable quotient has taken a massive dive recently!
    I know, I know. I must be getting sensible in my old age!
    Engineers: fixing problems you didn't know you had in ways you don't understand.

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Have we figured out who's he winner on component count yet? Or are there more contenders in the wings?
    I guess I'm in the top 5. If some more lunatics post I could slip out of the top 10
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm steve.

Those Goodmans are gorgeous. I rate them alongside the Wharfedale RSDD Super 10s as being amongst my favourite British 60/70s full range drivers.
    I have a couple of pairs of those 10 inch whafedales, I have one pair in my caravan, the larger magnet versions of the wharfdale range are all very good.
    I have the super 3s/5/8/10/12 and rs15's all nice in their own way. And all good for open baffles...

I have a single of Phillips 10"that has a slightly better tone, along with the Whitley sentorian 816 that have a very nice tone...as they say.. the tone is in the cone...
    I also have a pair of those cg10 and matching tweeters, I will have to give those a try one day

Cheers
    collector and DIY user of old british triode valves

Open baffles / single ended diy px4 and px25 valve amps

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by SPS View Post
    Whitley sentorian 816 that have a very nice tone...as they say.. the tone is in the cone...
    I bought a brand new pair of (old stock) HF1016 many years ago, but found them far too forward, as is common with high flux drivers of the era. Better suited to large reflex or horn enclosures. I didn't keep them, nor the 12" ones I also had. Worth a small fortune these days I dare say.

Always wanted to try Baker Laboratory Standard 12 units, but never could find a pair.

I'm waiting to try my recently purchased sixties 10" x 7" Isophon wide range drivers in cabinets, should be interesting. Tested them loose and efficiency seems high. (see thumbnail)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Patrick.

5 Turntables (Garrard EMT Thorens Lenco Rega)
    6 Arms (Trans-Fi SME Ortofon Mayware (x2) Rega)
    2 Phono Stages (Graham Slee Tricord Dino)
    5 Decca Cartridges
    3 Non-Decca Cartridges (spits)
    Some Squeezeboxes
    1 NOS DAC
    2 Telefunken Reel to Reel Decks
    1 Pre amp (obviously I need some more of these)
    1 Integrated Amp (Rega)
    2 Power Amps
    4 pairs Speakers (Isobariks Ditton 66 Coniston Rs Ditton 10s)
    1 FM Tuner (Leak Troughline)
    About 10 Wooden Valve Radios (including 5 by RAP - mostly with chrome chassis and glass backs)

That's what I can remember anyway

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    3 Non-Decca Cartridges (spits)
    Now Now!

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Now Now!
    Well one of them is, I assume, an EMT TSD15. I wouldn't spit at that!
    Barry

I'm Patrick.

Sadly not. A couple of poxy Shures and a poxy DL103.

(I'm sure an EMT cartridge would only be an expensive disappointment compared to the Deccas anyway.)

Actually, just remembered, I also have a couple of the old Ortofon mono Tondose with the EMT, although I have never played them as they need rebuilding.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456