+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAE 1000LT MC Cartridge

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by twotone View Post
    I've just bought Andy's cart but I currently don't have a TT
    Boxed up addressed and ready to go Tony.... will try and post it out tomorrow

Andy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage
    Bel Canto Set 40 or Nick Gorham built 300B Set Monoblocks
    Speakers
    Tannoy GRF Memory.
    Tannoy ST100.

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Hi Andy,

Good to see you popping in. You should visit us more often. I hope you are well

Started down the SPU route, eh? Now there's a smart idea! I know a wee bit about that myself... How are you finding the Classic GM?

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Boxed up addressed and ready to go Tony.... will try and post it out tomorrow

Andy

No rush Andy, honestly.

I'm Craig.

I've just bought Andy's cart but I currently don't have a TT
    Mate, doesn't matter which end you kick off from. The pointy end is as good as the blunt end.
    Well Tempered Amadeus. Dynavector P75mk2, Dynavector Dv20x/SAE1000lt/Grado Gold/Goldring Epic2,Pioneer TX9800,Rotel RC1550/RB1070, Rega Apollo, B&W704's,Chord,Audioquest,Tara Labs, MIT,QED, Kimber,Aviemore.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Meep View Post
    Mate, doesn't matter which end you kick off from. The pointy end is as good as the blunt end.

Bought myself a minty mint Technics SL1200 MK2, from Audio Al on the forum, which came with an A&R Cambridge P77 cart. The TT is 'just' a stock MK2 but my goodness what a sound from it.

The last two TT's (Rega P3 & AR XE) I've had don't even get close to these things.

I've ordered two new Technics headshells so once those arrive I'll get the SAE up and running but in the meantime I'm really enjoying listening to vinyl again.

synsei Guest

Oh, you are in for a lot of fun Tony. Congratulations on acquiring an SL1210, as near to fit and forget as you are ever going to get with a TT IMHO...

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Oh, you are in for a lot of fun Tony. Congratulations on acquiring an SL1210, as near to fit and forget as you are ever going to get with a TT IMHO...
    Thanks Dave, it really is fantastic, I'm actually amazed at how good it sounds.

The turntable is a credit to the previous owner, it's basically brand new.

I'm Andy.

Thanks Dave, it really is fantastic, I'm actually amazed at how good it sounds.

The turntable is a credit to the previous owner, it's basically brand new.

He is a good egg Al.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Tony.

Hi guys got the SAE 1000LT set up and boogying, sounds great to my ears much better than any previous cart I've heard in my system and it's brand new just out of the box so looking forward to when it reveals itself in all it's glory

Some photos here below in my technics thread.

Tony

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showp...53&postcount=9

Location: Out on the wild and windy moors Lancs / Yorks Border

I'm Andy.

Phew!!! just glad it works Tony Its sat around in a drawer for two years or so and I have never tried it out so it could easily have been bollock'sed, but clearly not!

Enjoy
    Analogue
    401 / PU7 / AT33ev
    Longdog Audio Quartz turntable PSU
    Longdog Audio MCJ1 - Prototype Phonostage
    Digital
    Innuos Zen Mini Mk 3
    Topping D50s
    Caiman Seg & Dorado
    Cambridge CXC
    Amps
    Tron Seven Linestage