+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SAE 1000LT MC Cartridge

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy831 View Post
    Phew!!! just glad it works Tony Its sat around in a drawer for two years or so and I have never tried it out so it could easily have been bollock'sed, but clearly not!

Enjoy
    Thanks Andy, it sounds great it really does, shiting myself setting it up though, one small stupid movement and it's good night Vienna

Have to say though these carts are complete bargains, think I'll buy another one for a spare if I can get one SH.

I can hear guitar strings really clearly with this cart, really nice sounding, a bit like a Denon DL-110 but much much nicer.

Tony

I'm Liam.

In a dilemma now. Got a SL1210 on it's way and was thinking about a 2m bronze but now wondering about this.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihil Sleighride View Post
    In a dilemma now. Got a SL1210 on it's way and was thinking about a 2m bronze but now wondering about this.
    These carts are a total bargain Nihil, apparently the 1000E is just as good as the 1000LT just a different shape diamond but some people say the E is the better cart and they're £70 cheaper, what's not to like?

However if you buy one and it doesn't suit you then you can easily move it on without losing a great deal of money.

Definitely the best cartridge I've had in my system by some way.

Read the other thread by the OP.

http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25342

Tony

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAE-1000E-...item2eaf76303e

I'm Liam.

Cheers for the link Tony. Going to give one a go.

I'm Tony.

Have to say that this cartidge is really bleeding fantastic

I've had it playing almost non-stop since I set it up, (well obviously not through the night!) and it really has improved, totally amazing with Jazz and most music it does however show up dodgy recordings big time.

Some albums I thought were pretty well recorded before are actually shite

Really good recordings though are just fantastic.

I had thought previously that record cartridges and needles were to be filed in the same drawer as cables as in they were all pretty much of a muchness and some of them were way over priced just like cables but I've changed my mind on the cartridge front, at least

BTW, for reference I'm just using my amp's (AR A60) internal MM phono stage and a pair of JR149 monitor speakers.

Tony

I'm Bob.

The SAE's good isn't it! I'm using mine with a Graham Slee Reflex M phono amp and it sounds great on virtually everything I throw at it. Small group jazz, Baroque and choral music is especially satisfying, but it handles stuff like Green Day and big, bombastic symphonies equally well.

I'm Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    The SAE's good isn't it! I'm using mine with a Graham Slee Reflex M phono amp and it sounds great on virtually everything I throw at it. Small group jazz, Baroque and choral music is especially satisfying, but it handles stuff like Green Day and big, bombastic symphonies equally well.
    Hi Bob, yep I read pages of stuff about this cart before buying one and all of the stuff said more or less that it was as good as I'm experiencing.

Mine was good from the off though but it certainly has got better with some hours.

However I'm comparing it to the carts I have used previously which were good but I don't think anyone them ,with the exception of a Goldring, were in the same leauge as the SAE.

Tony

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123