+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you a hi-fi nerd - a quick test

I'm Spartacus.

I presume you did them on a 3d printer, Im almost done building mine could you possibly send me the cad file. Would be very much appreciated
    Thanks Gary
    Gary

Audere est Facere

A thorens TD160 mkii moded turney thing, with a wandy thing nd shure v15 III tracky thing, a quad 99 small up power thing, a quad 99 biggy up power thing, a marantz cd6003 shiny disc spinny thing, a Heathkit tuney thingy two quad 21L boxy vibratey things nd some insulated bendy metal things nd a diy vinyl spinny cleany thing

I'm Deleted.

No, not 3D printer - laser cut from 5mm acrylic.

Just done some for my arm cable and am going to do a similar thing for the arm cable clamp where it exits the deck (I've never been happy with it).
    Account Deleted

I'm Craig.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    I didn't injection mould them either .

I whittled the O-rings from selected hockey pucks using a sharpened potato ).

Did you use EIHL pucks? Or did you go for the NHL ones?
    Bluesound Node 2i
    Audio Analogue Pucinni SE
    B&W DM607 s2
    Chord Shawline X speaker cable
    Klotz ic’s

I'm Deleted.

I used an uneven number of each so as to avoid unfortunate resonances.

Quote Originally Posted by gariusmacus View Post
    I presume you did them on a 3d printer, Im almost done building mine could you possibly send me the cad file. Would be very much appreciated
    Thanks Gary
    I could send you the DXF file - would need you to PM me your email address though. However, it's a 2D file and is not appropriate for 3D printing. To be honest, it's not a difficult thing to draw up yourself.
    Account Deleted

I'm Simon.

He could loft the lines in the DXF file in any 3D cad application to make a solid suitable for sending to a printer as an STL file.

I think you should manufacturer them...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Deleted.

Yes, you are quite right - extrude the profile by 5mm and job done. Still, half the fun is drawing out the design and this is as simplistic as it gets (well, I suppose there are even more simplistic things).
    Account Deleted

I'm gone.

What an interesting idea, nicely executed.

Do you hear sonic changes / benefits?

.... I can just imagine the way this thread may have gone on a certain other forum ....

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    I think you should manufacturer them...
    So do I - a great idea - but you'll have to make them look more "bling" and charge a small fortune for them otherwise they won't work!

Is there a reason for the hole in the middle - is this in case you need to attach to something else?
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Is there a reason for the hole in the middle - is this in case you need to attach to something else?
    It's for an earth lead - you need to pay more attention, Alex!

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by jandl100 View Post
    It's for an earth lead - you need to pay more attention, Alex!
    Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    The hole in the middle is for the earth wire (which I haven't yet bothered to thread through).
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast