+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Technics SP-9.5 MK1

Default Technics SP-9.5 MK1

hello hello-

A few photos of the latest work on my 'poor boy SP-10' -I've been traveling for the last few weeks, so the project has been dormant, but I should be able to have it up and spinning soon-"soon" being when the work load slacks off a bit.

Fun project so far.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm Neil.

Hi Frogspit (love the nick name)

Very interesting looking TT.....respect.

You DIY guys always amaze me by what you can do....WOW. If it sounds half as good as its starting to look, it will be, at guess very good. Maybe you might like to write about it....a sort of review in the Strokes of Genius section. I think SOG is particularly apt name for the place you might like to place your write up...as you (along with many other AOS members )are a genius. Well done.

Nice photos too....

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

I'm Steve.

Wow mate! that looks fantastic! I bet you are well chuffed with it.

They swim... the mark of Satan is upon them. They must hang.

FLAC / WDTV Live / Cambridge Audio / Tannoy VX12

I'm ChrisB.

Nice.
    On the basis of looks alone, I think the shot of it with the PSU(?) box sitting on top is great - you should have fixed it there, bugger the second arm! I'd love a TT that looked like that!

Brilliant work Frogspit!!!! Can you tell us how it sounds? Also can you post more pictures? What type of wood did you use for the laminations? What is the design of your power supply - care to share it?

I'm Steve.

That looks great. How does it compare with the donor?
    System: Turntable : SP10 MKII slate plinth, Custom Ebony tonearm board, Arm : Fidelity Research FR64s, Cartridge : SPU Royal N. SUT : Lundahl 1:13. Phonostage : Icon Audio, Streaming RPi/Kali reclocker -> I2S -> DSP XO / Pre / 4 DAC's : WAF Najda, 5 Poweramps : 3 x EL84 SET's, 2 x D class amps on bass channels, Speakers : 5 way front loaded horn system: 2 X Tapped sub 15" LF drivers / 2 X Exponential mid bass 15" drivers / Tractrix 200Hz mid horns with JBL2482's, / Tractrix 550Hz upper wooden horns with factory refurb'd Vitavox S2's / Raal Lazy Ribbons as high frequency tweeters. Wires: good silver or good copper where best suited. DIY RCM.

Maker of tonearm boards, armpods, Tannoy GRF style speaker cabinets, horn speakers, counterweights and more.
    For more information about my creations and products please click below

http://fosworld.wixsite.com/magna-audio & on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/magna_audio/

+ Reply to Thread