+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Praise When Praise is Due

I'm Robert.

Default Praise When Praise is Due

Firstly let me apologise if this thread is in the wrong place maybe a kind administrator will move to the right section for me

Some months back I purchased the superb Yannis 423.5 tonearm cable. I went for the exotic Futurech Carbon din which is great but I found setting on the fly vta very very fiddly due to the vertical din catching against the glass shelf the turntable rests on. Anyway, after putting up with this for a good while I decided to give Yannis a shout to see what he might be able to do in terms of fitting a right angled din instead and advising cost etc. His response from the off was as helpful and as accommodating as I have ever experienced in my life. In a nut shell he said if I got the cable to him quickly he would remove the old one replace with a Phono1877 right angle din and get it back to me immediately. I asked him to consider keeping the Furutech and to factor that in with regard to any final figure I'd owe him. He said that he could offer £65.00 for the Furutech minus £30.00 for the right angled Phono1877, minus special recorded delivery to post the cable back = £27.50 into MY Paypal account . I posted the cable last Tuesday, he received it the next day, posted it back out on the Thursday, landed with me the Friday lunchtime. He even updated me from the airport and in fact paid £28.00 (more tunes ) into my Paypal account charging me nothing for his labour. Aside from his cable being something special, I have always found the man an absolute pleasure to do business, a rare supplier who goes all out to provide exceptional items and customer service, many already know this, but I'd still like to say - Yannis Tome is a legend !!!
    Last edited by RobbieGong; 08-05-2013 at 19:54.

I'm Simon.

Blimey...
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

MartinT Guest

Absolutely agree with that, Rob, Yannis has given me great service and is always very personable in my dealings with him. Oh, and his cables sound superb.

I'm Mike.

Agreed 100%

Fabulous cables, great bloke
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Yup, Jannis is one of the best - superb products coupled with exemplary service. I'm very glad that I introduced his cables to the forum

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm Robert.

Quote Originally Posted by Marco View Post
    Yup, Jannis is one of the best - superb products coupled with exemplary service. I'm very glad that I introduced his cables to the forum

Marco.
    And we are too Marco , The 'Could this be a giant killing tonearm cable' thread was excellent and the related reviews and cable comparisons were brill too - Long live Yannis and his superb cables

+ Reply to Thread