+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Your Latest CD purchase?...

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    Got a few sjh records and cds. He's awesome
    Only really knew 'spell on you' looking forward to giving this a proper listen, seems ok for a cheap compilation
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm Jostein.

Charlie Parr - When The Devil Goes Blind

Sam Baker - Land Of Doubt

Beautiful music on both these albums. Recommended.
    My hifi system:

Turntable: Technics SL-1200 MKII, Ortofon 2M Bronze cartridge, Mike New bearing, MCRU PSU (c), Oyaide HS-CF headshell, Oyaide MJ-12 TT mat, Vantage Audio Copper mat, Isonoe Isolation Feet, Isodek IF-2 isolation platform, Furutech Monza LP stabilizer, Herbie's Hal-O JR damper Phono Stage: Hagerman Cornet 3 (prototype) Amplifiers: EAR 868L Preamp, Transcription Audio 211 Heaven Power amp, Bob Carver Cherry 180 power amp CD Player: Ear Yoshino Acute Tuner: Magnum Dynalab 90T Speakers: Vandersteen 2CE SigII, Townshend Audio Super Tweeters, Transcription Audio Speakers Cables and stuff: LFD Audio interconnects and speaker cables, Mark Grant G2000HD, BlackCat Electronics, Van Den Hul Clearwater, Black Rhodium mains cables, Black Rhodium mains block, Finite Elements Resonator, Townhsend Stella Speaker stands, Pro Audio Bono hifi rack, Herbie's spike gliders, Herbie's Ultravox and Hal-O tube dampers, Super Black Hole CD mat Record Cleaning Machine: Loricraft PRC4

I'm James.

Naked, Talking Heads, eBay description nr mint, yes well, not quite what I'd call nr mint, it ripped perfectly though
    novafidelity x40 music server/pre/dac, Arcam A39, roksan k3 power amp,Monitor Audio Monitor 50, Dali spektor 1, van damme interconnects and speaker cable, roskan k3 CD player

I'm sorted.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by jostber View Post
    I'm a very big fan of both Sam and his work Jostein, captivating.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm James.

Not my last purchase but I don't know where to put this
    . Bowie's last album I thought was crap! Waling blitherin rubbish

I'm Rich.

Godflesh - In All Languages.

Have many of the tracks on other releases but this is for the completist, b-sides etc.
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm givingyouaprettygoodclue.

UFO "Obsession" 1999 (Classic Rock series) version.

I needed to in order to compensate for getting the 2016 (same as the 2008) remaster on a whim a few weeks ago, which is bizarrely boosted at the top end. Schenker's fabulous solos combined with the cymbals render it distractingly tinny. Seems like another example where a remaster is effectively a remix.

Thankfully the 1999 version is much closer to the vinyl mix, warm and well balanced. It's back to being a fine album now !

Pete

I'm Bernie.

Things of Stone and Wood - The Yearning.
    REM - Out of Time
    Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever
    Bernie.

I'm Grant.

Default What's Your Last CD purchase?...

La Califfa... Ennio Morricone. got it on vinyl but fancied the expanded cd too.

Picture cd
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast