+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465

Thread: What's Your Latest CD purchase?...

I'm Martin.

new album by John Squire out of the Stone Roses and Liam Gallagher.

Only heard the single but that was pretty good so got the album. Came out 1st March. Not played it yet

Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Dave.

One of our local charity shops has CDs - 4 for a £1. Mostly all the usual dross, but I had one with African music on recently - not played it yet.
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Most of the CDs sold in my local charity shops couldn't even be used as drinks coasters as the titles are too embarrassing.
    I just dropped in, to see what condition my condition was in

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:
    Echo Dot, Amptastic Mini One,Arcam A75 integrated, Celestion 5's, BK XLS-200 DF

A/V:
    LG 55" OLED, Panasonic Blu Ray, Sony a/v amp, MA Radius speakers, REL Storm sub

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

KICKSTARTER: ENABLING SCAMMERS SINCE 2009

I'm Dave.

Could always use the CDs as bird scarers, though do you think they wuold be scared off by the titles - or maybe enticed?
    Dave

I'm Steve.

Depends - Anything by the Lightning Seeds might entice them, while Stone The Crows might scare them off. Or even Al Stewart's Year of the Cat, but that one's staying in my collection, because I like it

T/T: Inspire Monarch, X200 tonearm, Ortofon Quintet Blue. Phono: Project Tube Box CD: Marantz CD6006 (UK Edition); Amp: Musical Fidelity A5 Integrated.
    Speakers: Zu Omen Def, REL T9i subwoofer. Cables: Atlas Equator interconnects, Atlas Hyper 3.0 speaker cables

T'other system:

A/V:

Forget the past, it's gone. And don't worry about the future, it doesn't exist. There is only NOW.

I'm Martin.

Finally managed to find an original CD release of 'Back In Black' so have ordered it.

DR 12/12/13 - by comparison the 2020 so-called 'Hi res' download is a 7/7/8 and the 2003 remaster an 8/7/8. Which isn't terrible for rock music, but why have cotton when you can have silk?

https://dr.loudness-war.info/?artist...=back+in+black
    Current Lash Up:

TEAC VRDS 701T > Sony TAE1000ESD > Krell KSA50S > JM Labs Focal Electra 926.

I'm Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Finally managed to find an original CD release of 'Back In Black' so have ordered it.

DR 12/12/13 - by comparison the 2020 so-called 'Hi res' download is a 7/7/8 and the 2003 remaster an 8/7/8. Which isn't terrible for rock music, but why have cotton when you can have silk?

https://dr.loudness-war.info/?artist...=back+in+black
    Big difference in the numbers there, I'd be interested to hear how that difference translates into how they sound.

T'other system:

A/V:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1555636465