+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Squeezebox help please...

I'm Paul.

Default Squeezebox help please...

Hi all,

I know I probably should put this on the Logitech website but I thought I'd try here first as I know a number of you have Squeezebox's.

As you'll see from my signature below, I have a SB Classic and SB Touch.

The Classic has a fixed IP Address and the Touch uses DHCP.

I use Sky as my ISP and one of their modem / routers and a Belkin network booster.

The Touch is connected directly to the router and the Classic is connected to the router via 200Mbps boxes through the mains connected at either end.

I use a PowerMac iMac running OS 10.4 with Logitech software running, connected to the router via the Belkin booster receiving it's IP address via DHCP.

So to the question;

Whenever I reboot the iMac or Sky router, the Touch looses connection to the Logitech software, this usually coincides with the IP address changing on the iMac.

The Classic however remains connected at all times.

Most of the time I can reconnect the Touch by simply restarting it or occasionally by Switching Libraries.

On the worst occasions, I cannot get it to connect whatever I do, and unfortunately I have this happening at the moment.

So , what should I do? Is it that the Touch needs to have a fixed IP address also?

I cannot seem to set a fixed IP on the iMac and I think that is because it connects via the Belkin booster which is a clever box of tricks!

Any help on this would be most appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Paul.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

So I thought I would try setting a fixed IP address on the SB Touch and that seems to have done the trick.
    Streamer: NovaFidelity X40, Turntable: Rega RP3, Arm: Rega RB303, Cartridge: Audio Technica AT120E, Amp: Belles Aria, Loudspeakers: Quadral Aurum Montan VIII, Rack: Creaktiv Trend 1, Cables: Beresford, Chord, Coherent, MCRU, Rega, TCI.

I'm Paul.

For information I also remembered that my iMac uses Netbarrier Firewall so have added the SB Touch to the 'trusted' IP address list and all is working perfectly now

I'm Patrick.

I'd leave them as DHCP but assign the IP address on the router.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Hi Patrick, you've got me there???

Haven't got a clue how to do that.

P.

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Dixon View Post
    Yep, I'd go with that.

Create the dhcp reservation on the router. Add the MAC address if each of your main devices and reserve an address from the scope for each of them. What router is it Paul? You'll need to browse to its web GUI by putting its IP address in a browse. From there you can configure the router inc the LAN set up inc what IP range is in scope and any mac to IP reservations.
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Yep, I'd go with that.

Create the dhcp reservation on the router. Add the MAC address if each of your main devices and reserve an address from the scope for each of them. What router is it Paul? You'll need to browse to its web GUI by putting its IP address in a browse. From there you can configure the router inc the LAN set up inc what IP range is in scope and any mac to IP reservations.
    Hi Ian,

It is a Sky Router and I managed to work out how to add the Squeezebox's and Apple Mac's that I use to control them and my Apple TV which has made a great difference.

Thanks for the heads up on this.

Paul.

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

Nice Paul, glad it's all sorted.

If its the white square router with the white led symbols on the side, they have some odd DHCP behaviours. I'd reduced my scope down to the number of devices I have that connect......the leases don't let go properly so you get IP conflicts.....the firmware is really not very good.
    Had to put it back up so I don't get the conflicts.......bloody sky
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by UV101 View Post
    Nice Paul, glad it's all sorted.

If its the white square router with the white led symbols on the side, they have some odd DHCP behaviours. I'd reduced my scope down to the number of devices I have that connect......the leases don't let go properly so you get IP conflicts.....the firmware is really not very good.
    Had to put it back up so I don't get the conflicts.......bloody sky
    LOL - yep Sky routers are sh*t...

I have the older black router and used to get IP conflicts all of the time, however now I have all of my 'wired' equipment connected, that should sort any music / movie related issues I was experiencing.

Did you get my message on Facebook?

Paul.

+ Reply to Thread