+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something To Keep Me Busy!

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by walpurgis View Post
    Yup! All up and running and sounding good.

Now as nice a pair of early Ditton 15s as you could wish to find. Never did figure out what the problem was, dodgy soldered joint is all I can think of.
    Nice job

Last pair I owned sounded bad, now according to some on here who obviously aren't deaf they can be quite good so I'm guessing they didn't get on with the partnering amplifier [Trio KA-8100] or may have just been knackered.

I'm playing with the idea of trying another pair - Have you tried them in a Quad 33/303 setup before ? Any idea if there would be "synergy" ?

Cheers

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Nice job

Last pair I owned sounded bad, now according to some on here who obviously aren't deaf they can be quite good so I'm guessing they didn't get on with the partnering amplifier [Trio KA-8100] or may have just been knackered.

I'm playing with the idea of trying another pair - Have you tried them in a Quad 33/303 setup before ? Any idea if there would be "synergy" ?

Cheers
    Nope, never used them with 33/303, but I suspect it would actually be a decent match soundwise.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm James.

Could be worth a try for £50-odd then.

I'm looking for a period pair of speakers to go with the 33/303 but am on an extremely tight budget [under £100.] Had a few models in mind but everything's doubled in price since I last looked

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Could be worth a try for £50-odd then.

I'm looking for a period pair of speakers to go with the 33/303 but am on an extremely tight budget [under £100.] Had a few models in mind but everything's doubled in price since I last looked
    I'll be selling mine once I've tidied the cabinets. They will look good and sound fine.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12