+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How do I find individual tracks ?

I'm Mike.

Default How do I find individual tracks ?

I'm trying to find individual tracks and where they appear, EG on singles, albums, compilations etc

Allmusic used to do this but now seems hit and miss or no good
    Can't find it in Discogs either
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

I often use Spotify search as a research tool for jobs like this - enter the artist and track title, and it will show you all the albums/singles/compilations that track appears on - although that's only any good if it is on Spotify... Wikipedia is sometimes useful for the same type of search, or even just Google!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    I often use Spotify search as a research tool for jobs like this - enter the artist and track title, and it will show you all the albums/singles/compilations that track appears on - although that's only any good if it is on Spotify... Wikipedia is sometimes useful for the same type of search, or even just Google!
    Thanks Alex
    Can't get it to work on some Tom Petty tracks
    Tested Rocky Mountain Way and some of the versions came up
    This is a pain as Allmusic used to have this, but now it's gone haywire
    One reason I gave up with Spotify is most of the time it just didn't have what I was after
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm ChrisB.

Mike - Rocky Mountain Way by Tom Petty?
    Should you be searching for Joe Walsh?

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Rocky Mountain Way
    Nice, I have that on 12" vinyl single (the Joe Walsh). It's times like this I wish I had a turntable
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    Mike - Rocky Mountain Way by Tom Petty?
    Should you be searching for Joe Walsh?
    Tried some Tom Petty tracks - minimal results, Don't think any singles showed

As Joe Walsh has Rocky Mountain way in all sorts of places I tried that too. 2-3 hits from memory which seems not enough

So I'm still looking for a place to tell me all the places a track appears with some degree of accuracy

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Nice, I have that on 12" vinyl single (the Joe Walsh). It's times like this I wish I had a turntable
    I'm still trying to get over him joining The Eagles

Mike

I'm Mike.

Default Variable

Looking today Allmusic had a good selection of where Brand X tracks appear
    Maybe it's down to the data supplied and variable

Mike

+ Reply to Thread