Thread: PetRat HiFi

I'm Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by struth View Post
    got a resomat in shed. used it with success on my srm
    PM me if you fancy selling it Grant

I'm Grant.

Quote Originally Posted by petrat View Post
    PM me if you fancy selling it Grant
    You would need to get the smaller resomat Peter for the 401 due to the platter having a lip. think its a 286mm. mine is a 300mm
    Regards,
    Grant .... ؠ ......Don't be such a big girl's blouse

I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply-doesn't-work
    .... ..... ...... ...... ................... ..... ..... ..... ..... .....
    FIIO K7 BT, M11 PLUS, BTR7, KA5 - OPPO BDP-103D - PANASONIC UB450 - PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD TV - PIXEL 6 - AVANTREE LR BLUETOOTH - 2* X600 SOUNDCORE - HEADPHONES INCLUDE, FIIO, NURAPHONES', FOCAL, OPPO, BOSE, CAMBRIDGE, BOWER & WILKINS, DEVIALET, MARSHALL, SONY, MITCHELL & JOHNSTON - 2*ZBOOK'S- MERCURY BD ROM, ROON, QOBUZ, TIDAL, PLEX, CYBERLINK, JRIVER - MULTI HDD'S -

Oh my god! There's nothing wrong with the bidet is there?

“Nothing discloses real character like the use of power. It is easy for the weak to be gentle. Most people can bear adversity. But if you wish to know what a man really is, give him power. This is the supreme test. It is the glory of Lincoln that, having almost absolute power, he never abused it, except on the side of mercy".

“You see these dictators on their pedestals, surrounded by the bayonets of their soldiers and the truncheons of their police ... yet in their hearts there is unspoken fear. They are afraid of words and thoughts: words spoken abroad, thoughts stirring at home -- all the more powerful because forbidden -- terrify them. A little mouse of thought appears in the room, and even the mightiest potentates are thrown into panic.”

"You don't have free will. You have the appearance of free will.”

“There's a war out there, old friend. A world war. And it's not about who's got the most bullets. It's about who controls the information. What we see and hear, how we work, what we think... it's all about the information!”

***SMILE, BE HAPPY***

I'm Peter.

Ah yes, good point!
    Thanks for the info, Grant.

I'm Peter.

From post 55 ...

Actually, I have some Klotz MC-5000 cable waiting to be made up into RCA interconnects, using the same plugs as Shindo use ...
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...ilpage_o07_s00
    Must get on with it!
    Finally got round to soldering them up, and made up 3 sets of these to play around with ...

I'm Don.

L
    The twins ....

Wow! They look great together Peter! Now you just need to have a plinth built for the Platine!
    Vertere SG-1 Turntable / Audio Note IO Gold MC
    Audio Note AN-S8L MC Transformer
    Audio Note Pallas I/C (SUT-Preamp)
    Audio Note M6 Phono Preamp
    Audio Note CDT 3/Audio Note 4.1X Balanced Signature DAC
    Audio Note Kassai Monoblocks
    Audio Note Sogon Interconnects
    Audio Note Pallas Interconnects
    Audio Note AN-Vx Interconnects
    Audio Note Sogon Speaker Cables
    Audio Note AN-E SPE HE speakers
    Audio Note ISIS Power Cables
    Loricraft PRC-4 Record Cleaning Machine

I'm Geoff.

I hated the platter damping rings on the 401 and found the isoplatmat covered all issues and sounded great.
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

I'm Peter.

Thanks Geoff ... I'll try it naked to start with ...

Years ago, I had a grease-bearing 301 with all the Bastin mods in one of his plinths. I sold it eventually because I found it dull and lifeless. In retrospect, I think part of the problem was me following Martin's advice and using not only damping rings, but also the original rubber mat on top of another foam mat. Actually, my abiding memory of that deck was its odour, which someone recently described as 'smelling like the inside of an Avro Shackleton, circa 1952'

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by oldius View Post
    I hated the platter damping rings on the 401 and found the isoplatmat covered all issues and sounded great.
    Was that with the Resomat?
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

The TD125 cost more than TD150 AND a TD124 added together when launched. How times change
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    The TD125 cost more than TD150 AND a TD124 added together when launched. How times change
    I know and what a load of nonsense. The 125 must be the biggest bargain in hifi; a high end deck at Rega 3 prices!
    Main system: Sony TTS8000; AT1010; Audio Technica Art1; The Lentek; Cambridge 851n, Yamaha NS1000.
    System 2 - SBT; Technics SH-X1000 DAC; Denon PMA-850

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast