+ Reply to Thread

Thread: RFC-MC1 Step-up Transformer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm Paul.

Default RFC-MC1 Step-up Transformer

RFC's new high quality Step up transformer is now nearing completion (the prototype that is) and I aim to be in full scale production with these within a month or two!

Please let me know if you would like to take part in a trial. Seasoned members only to start with please (shall we say a post count of 100 or more?).

The MC1 is one of two new units due out in the coming months. It uses a very high quality pair of SUTs which deliver a flat response from 5 Hz to over 20KHz within 0.5dB throughout the entire range. Step up ratio is 1:10 so they'll suit carts with output voltages of 0.3mV to 0.8mV and self impedances of 40 Ohms
    or under.

The SUT's are loaded for 100 Ohms if used into a standard RIAA phonostage on the MM setting. This should suit a majority of MC carts on the market but I can custom load these for any value at no extra cost.

The MC2 is a very special very high performance SUT due out in a few months. It will use exceptional quality transformers, the highest quality internal wiring, RCA sockets, and very high quality resistor networks. Gain will also be 1:10.

Prices have yet to be announced but expect exceptional value for the performance in a "plug and play" high quality box.
    Last edited by Reffc; 27-04-2013 at 17:14.

+ Reply to Thread