+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FS Ron Smith Galaxie 17 + '20' extension

I'm Steve.

Default FS Ron Smith Galaxie 17 Aerial + '20' extension

I know..Crap picture, but hey...it was dark and this thing fills most of the loft.

If you have a tuner and ever wondered just how good an FM signal could be, then you need a Ron Smith Galaxie 17, and then just to squeeze a bit more out of the signal, I am including the "20" Extension. The extension really needs a bit more work to secure it to the principle aerial but as I had this in the loft I never got round to drilling a few more holes and bolting it together.

When I had my Linn Kremlin I was getting a 22db signal from a conventional external aerial mounted on the roof. When I set up the Galaxie (in the loft...not outside) the signal jumped to around 60db. the difference in sound quality was quite astounding. When I added the Extension, I got better defined soundstage, (and obviously a higher signal strength .

So I'm asking £120 for the two- plus P&P, or I can deliver for free within a reasonable striking distance of the North West (I travel all over in my job, so is easily sorted)
    Oh, and I'll throw in a huge length of good quality low loss coaxial just can't remember how long it is !
    Last edited by SteveW; 25-04-2013 at 19:04. Reason: incomplete title!

I'm Tony.

I've got one of these, a twelve I think, excellent ariel.

From memory think I paid £135 for a new one delivered last year.

Think the '17' was nearer £190

Good luck.

Tony

I'm Steve.

Yes the '17' is now £190, and the upgrade kit to '20'is £80 -£270 in total

I'm Steve.

OK, bit of a bump.
    Got it dismantled into several pieces. Would rather not have to completely dismantle it, but can do if it has to be posted.
    By the way there is roughly 20 metres of low loss coaxial I'm including.
    Can't remember the make, but it was professional brand hi-tech brand stuff.

I have the original Ron Smith literature which gives all the technical bumpf as well as sage advice on installation/ positioning and general words of wisdom from a lifetime of experience.
    Possibly the best aerial in the world.

I'm Steve.

Oh...there you go, SOLD

+ Reply to Thread