+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tripe LP Re-issues

I'm Nobody.

Hi Paul

I have that Family's Entertainment on Tapestry, you right it does have the insert but the cover is too bulky & not a laminated cover like my old Reprise pressing was.Sounds ok tho..

I bought Gentle Giant debut LP on Timeless, im happy with the cover quality & sound quality but not the horrid label design..Even the Spaceship vert re-issues sounds good so im looking out for at least one of those.A swirley might be a bit over my limit!!

I'm Paul.

Unfortunately have to put up with designer/bespoke labels. Some of the audiophile labels are just as guilty. The best label repros have got to be the new Nick Drake reissues (plus the best SQ). Speakers Corner have generally been excellent in this respect but not much prog. No way is anyone going to repro an early Reprise label pressing - the pre Kinney/Warner ones are superb.

I'm Nobody.

I bought two Electric Prunes LP's on Re-Issue they are on Reprise repro's .

I was quite impressed with the first three King Crimson 200grm Re-Issues, i like the way they made the labels look like Pink Island label, however i always prefer the look of the Pink Rim label..& i'll most probably sell those new ones if i can get hold of older editions..

I'm Paul.

I've only got TCOTCK on pink rim and I'm sure the reissue sounds slightly better. Also good luck finding affordable and playable originals. Red reissue is due beginning of August.

I'm Nobody.

O i wouldnt buy a 1st Issue Pink Island, it would be Pink Rim, i have both ELP 's/t' & 'Tarkus' on Pink Rim & 1st Issue Pinks, i cannot hear any difference between the two, so really not worth forking out on an original Pink for me..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123