+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Gyro or Salvation

I'm Ddeleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Clive View Post
    It is possible, I ran an exchangeable headshell for a while and others do run SPUs on something similar. You should discuss with Vic to see what he can do nowadays.

Yep, just done a bit of digging and found a guy from hong kong who posts on Lenco Heaven. He got vic to make a wand specifically for his SPU reference gold (even the same cart as me) so its obviously doable.

Thanks for that Clive very helpful.

I'm Deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by hifi_dave View Post
    What about Nottingham Analogue ?
    Who would have expected you to make that recommendation...
    Account Deleted

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by YNWaN View Post
    Who would have expected you to make that recommendation...
    Most people who know me..

I'm Deleted.

Mmm... quite - unfortunately their doesn't appear to be a 'sarcasm' emoticon or my thought would have been more clearly presented (of course I could always have explained myself better too... ).

With more direct application to the threads question; I have heard both turntables quite a number of times and would say they are very different things indeed to one another.
    Account Deleted

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by TBL View Post
    Yep, just done a bit of digging and found a guy from hong kong who posts on Lenco Heaven. He got vic to make a wand specifically for his SPU reference gold (even the same cart as me) so its obviously doable.

Thanks for that Clive very helpful.
    As in my avatar, I'm using a Technics headshell (loaded with modded Stanton) on my T3 arm (SME coupling). The critical thing, I'd image, would be having Vic whip you up a suitable counterweight.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm Ddeleted.

I plan to talk to Vic about it after I've been over to see John's Salvation.

I'm ILOB.

The wand now has extra weights added to it, this add a bit more focus
    Loves anything from Pain of Salvation to Jeff Buckley to Django to Sarasate to Surinder Sandhu to Shawn Lane to Nick Drake to Rush to Beth Hart to Kate Bush to Rodrigo Y Gabriela to The Hellecasters to Dark Sanctury to Ben Harper to Karicus to Dream Theater to Zero Hour to Al DiMeola to Larry Carlton to Derek Trucks to Govt Mule to?

Humour: One of the few things worth taking seriously

I'm Clive.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The wand now has extra weights added to it, this add a bit more focus
    And I find added bass weight too. They seem to pin the wand down more securely into the V bearing preventing bearing chatter.
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm Patrick.

Well, I love my T3 and Vic is a pleasure to deal with.

I'm Ddeleted.

Well I still have managed a visit to hear John's Salvation (he's been a bit poorly) But I am fully expecting to love it when I can get over and that it will be what I end up buying before the end of the year. However they I believe made to order and there could be a bit of a delay in getting one in place and as I am without a TT at the moment (gulp) I bought the Gyro Dec from Guildford Audio as a stop gap.

It turned out to be a mint MK1v with a Michell RB300 and a very nice AT-OC-5 cartridge all in as new condition for the pricely sum of £1,150 Which I think is well under valued for a private sale let alone from a dealer. The arm I have stuck on ebay and am expecting that to go for £200 + The cart I'll keep so I reakon I picked up a mint Mk1v for about £850 and will have no trouble recovering that when I sell to get the Salvation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast