+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wanted - Black 60-70cm heavy duty speaker stands

I'm Richard.

Default Wanted - Black 60-70cm heavy duty speaker stands

As the title says I'm after some speaker stands, something from Partington or premium stands from another manufacturer would be great.
    You must be able to deliver to me in Warrington.

I'm Craig.

Hi there,

I have a pair of the very sought after iF Designs Reference stands (image above is an internet photo of these stands but not actual pair being offered for sale, top plate is slightly larger on my pair). These were a custom built pair of stands back in early to mid 2000's for various high-end stand-mount speakers. The owner of the company started by building these stands for the Rogers series but then custom built stands for other manufactures (including Von Schweikert VR-1 - I was the UK distributor for Von Schweikert at the time).

These stands will out perform anything in the market,...period! I will challenge any one with any stand to try their best against the iF's.

Partington in comparison will appear to kill/deaden the music.

These speakers have a solid cast base fashioned into a three feet (tri-pod design giving best isolation), a single column overlaid in a high quality wood finish with cable recess on rear side. The column is a composite of materials which have all been carefully designed and tested to work together to be 'silent', i.e. give no colouration to the sound. The top plate is also a composite sandwich rather than a sheet of steel. This composite sandwich will not add any vibration or ringing to the speaker.

Top plate has small polished spikes or you can use other products. Cast footplate has large adjustable polished spikes.

These stands are near mint and cost £575 new per pair. Looking for £300. If these ever come up on flea-bay they sell immediately. The stands I am selling are just no longer required as the owner now uses floor-standing speakers.

I have family in Warrington and he runs a courier business so delivery is not a problem.
    Last edited by ListeningEar; 23-04-2013 at 10:45. Reason: Image added

I'm Richard.

They look nice, but I'm after something to match my black speakers, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardl View Post
    They look nice, but I'm after something to match my black speakers, sorry.
    I can supply some smooth hamerite with my Custom Design stands.

kev
    Kev.

+ Reply to Thread