+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sound and Vision The Bristol Show 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Sensimilia View Post
    I think that some of us are missing the point here. It is quite possible that the reviewer could not hear the difference between CD and mp3 with the system he tested.
    What You're having a laugh aren't you?

The reviewer could tell us that

Instruments and human voices have an innate sense of rightness about them too, with a treble that extends naturally and a midrange that approaches LS3/5a levels of clarity.page two, centre column, middle of the second paragraph.

...and these speakers are imbued with...

…the sort of musical accuracy and honesty that you don’t get at a grand and you might struggle to find even at £5,000page two, third column, last paragraph.

Yet these 'honest' speakers can improve the quality of 128kbps MP3 to near CD quality? I dunno, this doesn't add up to me. If he can commit in print that these are good enough to compete with speakers costing £5K then I don't buy the "maybe he couldn't tell" line. There's something very fishy about this review

"approaches LS3/5A levels of clarity"?

I don't think of these speakers as models of clarity - in fact I think they are over-cooked in the midrange and a combination of boomy, boxy, slow and uninformative in range from lower mids through middle bass (80Hz to 300 Hz, roughly).

Clarity is not what comes to mind. I never did understand the widespread respect these speakers enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Frost View Post
    What You're having a laugh aren't you?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678