+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Power Inspired AG500

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by brian2957 View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not an expert on these Paul . I've been lucky enough to have heard and compared them and am quite happy to comment on their effect . However , there are others on the forum who know much more than me about these. You have PM.
    Cheers Brian reply sent

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I only have one hand free, give me half an hour and I'll give you an update.
    that's great I'll be waiting
    Paul

I'm Brian.

FFS you just came into my head there buddy .I just remembered that you'd been thinking about building your own BPS .

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    Cheers Brian yes that helped ,next Question can you remember the supplier of the balanced units that people were trying I seem to remember a plug and play unit that had protection against the pitfalls of balanced power .
    And how much higher rating than my systems consumption would you recommend
    thanks Paul
    Here you go-

http://www.airlinktransformers.com/b..._power_supply/
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm inthescottishmafia.

2kva and up will be more than enough unless you run monster Class A amps.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm James.

I stared off with a 3.2kva BPS a few years ago and loved it, but sold it on due to a house move.
    I bought a AG1500 quite a while ago now and really appreciated the difference it made to my hifi. Then everybody started talking about balanced power supplies like they came back into fashion, so I gave one another go to see if the difference was as good in my new house and it it worked well with the regen.
    I bought a 3kva BPS from Airlink and hard wired it into the mains supply before it reached my AG1500. Together the regen and the BPS worked well together and better then either component on its own.
    I found the AG1500 lowered the noise floor making the background quieter and the bass cleaner and more defined, I found the regen increased the special separation between instruments and the sounds seemed to hang in the air which I liked.
    The BPS to me added more meat and flesh to the sound giving more bass and greater dynamics, a little bit like buying a better power amplifier.
    If I only had one option to buy a regen or a BPS I would go for the BPS. If you get the hard wired option from Airlink they are reasonably cheap.

I'm paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Tait View Post
    2kva and up will be more than enough unless you run monster Class A amps.
    Thanks for the info and link Ali , I don't use monster class A amps but do have a few power hungry OTL's the greediest 1600w at max power rating
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    I stared off with a 3.2kva BPS a few years ago and loved it, but sold it on due to a house move.
    I bought a AG1500 quite a while ago now and really appreciated the difference it made to my hifi. Then everybody started talking about balanced power supplies like they came back into fashion, so I gave one another go to see if the difference was as good in my new house and it it worked well with the regen.
    I bought a 3kva BPS from Airlink and hard wired it into the mains supply before it reached my AG1500. Together the regen and the BPS worked well together and better then either component on its own.
    I found the AG1500 lowered the noise floor making the background quieter and the bass cleaner and more defined, I found the regen increased the special separation between instruments and the sounds seemed to hang in the air which I liked.
    The BPS to me added more meat and flesh to the sound giving more bass and greater dynamics, a little bit like buying a better power amplifier.
    If I only had one option to buy a regen or a BPS I would go for the BPS. If you get the hard wired option from Airlink they are reasonably cheap.
    that's great info just what I wanted so BPS it is
    cheers Paul

I'm James.

I managed to wangle a deal where I just bought the BPS transformer on its own and saved myself a few bob.

I'm paul.

Hi James electrickery isn't my forte so I will be going for one of the plug and play units with protection if I can work out which one I need , they seem to do Quiet a few.
    Cheers Paul

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Quote Originally Posted by loo View Post
    Thanks for the info and link Ali , I don't use monster class A amps but do have a few power hungry OTL's the greediest 1600w at max power rating
    Paul

that's great info just what I wanted so BPS it is
    cheers Paul
    Well, that's 2.4kva, so I'd go for a 5kva in your case IMHO.

Hunter S Thompson

I'm paul.

Cheers Ali ,that solves the decision of weather to go for a conditioning balanced unit or standard one as their conditioning units only seem to go up to 2kv
    thanks again Paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132