+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Motorcycle Racing 2013

I'm Mike.

Default Motorcycle Racing 2013

Thanks to Martin for the link
    Searching on F1 didn't work !

So who watches F1 and MotoGp, or are we exclusive to one ?
    I used to watch F1 but found it too boring.
    Stumbled across MotoGp one day when it ran late and found it all the things I seemed to remember were there in F1
    Just at the end of Mick Doohan's time
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

synsei Guest

I've always found MotoGP to be utterly boring and full of primadonna's, real men race Superbikes

My heart lies with F1, especially now that it is truly competitive once again. Correct me if I'm wrong but the first seven races last season were won by seven different drivers which thoroughly lays to rest a number of old F1 gripes, and of course the drivers championship went down to the wire at Interlagos with a nail-biting finish which saw Vettel win over Alonso by just one point. F1 is boring? Only if you are dead...

I'm Bob.

Default FIA Formula One Championship ~ 2013

The closing laps of last night's Qatar MotoGP were actually quite exciting, with Rossi fighting his way up the field to 2nd place. More overtaking in one race than a season of F1... Having said that I like watching F1 too, but having ridden fast motorbikes I find MotoGP, Superbikes etc something I can identify with more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    I've always found MotoGP to be utterly boring and full of primadonna's, real men race Superbikes

My heart lies with F1, especially now that it is truly competitive once again. Correct me if I'm wrong but the first seven races last season were won by seven different drivers which thoroughly lays to rest a number of old F1 gripes, and of course the drivers championship went down to the wire at Interlagos with a nail-biting finish which saw Vettel win over Alonso by just one point. F1 is boring? Only if you are dead...
    Tried Superbikes and found that boring.
    Can't quite put my finger on it as it can't be that different to MotoGp.
    MotoGp has to do better than last year to keep me watching all the way through the season. Moto2 and Moto3 races were frequently the best ones of the day and well worth the time.
    One possibly over quoted phrase I heard from the F1 direction
    "MotoGp has too much overtaking" ! - Hah
    I've watched bits of F1 from time to time and find it fails to grip.
    I've watched it from the days of S.Moss Esq, black and white recordings I believe
    TAD CD / DAC / Pre, Technics 1210, MCRU PSU, Mike New Bearing & Platter, Stillpoints LP1 weight, Speedy Steve Ebony armboard, Fidelity Research FR64FX arm, Ortofon SPU. Aurorasound VIDA Phono Pre Amp, TAD Power Amp, TAD E1 speakers. Coherent RTZ 3 Grounding box, Coherent grounding cables, Creaktiv racks. Coherent Mains Cables. SR Blue Fuse. Interconnects : Coherent and Yannis 223.5 Connect Litz. Coherent speaker cable. Audio Magic Transcendence Conditioner. Coherent mains socket. Mains Filters : , PS Audio Harvesters, Russ Andrews Purifiers, Tacima, Vertex. Black Ravioli and RDC supports. Electric Beach S1NX platforms for TAD CD and Technics. Ferrite chokes everywhere except the above. Ears, brain

Mike

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by morris_minor View Post
    The closing laps of last night's Qatar MotoGP were actually quite exciting, with Rossi fighting his way up the field to 2nd place. More overtaking in one race than a season of F1... Having said that I like watching F1 too, but having ridden fast motorbikes I find MotoGP, Superbikes etc something I can identify with more.
    There was something about Rossi and his riding and overtaking that I couldn't identify that made it totally worth the watch.
    Better production and a better track will make that better still

Mike

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMusic View Post
    Tried Superbikes and found that boring.
    Try the British Superbike Series (BSB) - the best racing and set of support series IMHO.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Try the British Superbike Series (BSB) - the best racing and set of support series IMHO.
    Which Channel and are the commentators any good ?

Top commentators for me are
    Toby Moody and sidekick Julian Ryder - Eurosport
    David Harman and Sean Kelly - Eurosport
    Not seen since they cut analogue satellite as we cannot stream at home

Sky just for Eurosport is just too much money

Mike

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

Hi Mike - I watch the Europsort 2 HD Coverage - they usually have 5 hours or so to cover the meeting live, and then have a further support series show in the week, but it depends on what else is on that weekend as will cut to MotoGP or WSBK if there's a clash. Commentators on Eurosport for BSB and WSBK during the races are usually Jack Burnicle and a personal hero of mine, James Whitham, who is the best commentator bar none IMHO. James Haydon is also a regular commentator, another great rider in his day.

That doesn't help you if you don't have a Eurosport subscription - personally I'd pay the £65 a month I pay Sky just for the BSB race day coverage in HD alone, but I can understand why you might not want to! You can subscribe to their online service for £2.99 a month, but I've not tried it.

ITV4 have a highlights show on tonight - 8pm - 9pm or online catchup, and I think this is sometimes on the main ITV channel too. Never seen it though, so no idea who are the commentary team.

Give it a try, let us know what you think.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Hi Mike - I watch the Europsort 2 HD Coverage - they usually have 5 hours or so to cover the meeting live, and then have a further support series in week, but it depends on what else is on that weekend as qill cut to MotoGP or WSBK if there's a clash. Commentators on Eurosport for BSB and WSBK during the races are usually Jack Burnicle and a personal hero of mine, James Whitham, who is the best commentator bar none IMHO. James Haydon is also a regular commentator, another great rider in his day.
    That doesn't help you if you don't have a Eurosport subscription - personally I'd pay the £65 a month I pay Sky just for the BSB race day coverage in HD alone, but I can understand why you might not want to! You can subscribe to their online service for £2.99 a month, but I've not tried it.

ITV4 have a highlights show on tonight - 8pm - 9pm or online catchup, and I think this is sometimes on the main ITV channel too. Never seen it though, so no idea who are the commentary team.

Give it a try, let us know what you think.
    Thanks. ITV4 is an easy one. Watching Paris Roubaix with them last night
    Was told we were being upgraded for Broadband, but if we were it hasn't made much difference. We used to just be able to watch Europsort on fht download.
    I was really hoping we could stream this year then I could have Toby and Jules for MotoGp and David and Sean for the cycling

Mike

Just catching up on the weekends races - after all my bluster, the 2 BSB races were rubbish, though the Supersport 600 race was superb.

MotoGP looked stunning in HD and the floodlit event at Qatar was a true spectacle, and looks like the start of a vintage season, I think. Rossi could be back!
    Alex

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast