+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bodging pins on a SMD to DIL converter board

leo is offline Circuit Junkie & DIY Room Forum Leader

I can use ROHS or leaded, for my own stuff I use leaded in most apps but at work I have to always use ROHS

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    Hi Paul,
    The ones I normally use came from here http://cimarrontechnology.com/ I got a few of the things a while ago, problem is they never seem to last long, I gave most away to friends with the same problem trying to find them locally, now I needed a couple they was all gone
    Is that a A5 I see in the pic that cdp brings back lots of memories Leo
    Thanks for the heads up Leo and Alb, they are quite resonably priced for an 8 pin SMD.

Yes indeed it is an A5 ADC board, I have modified it extensively, new LM317/337 regs, total re-cap, Tentlabs clock and seperate supply, disabled the oversampling, changed the output op-amps, removed muting trannies and used Polycarbonate caps for the AC coupled outputs, although Wima MKS2-XL's are shown in the pic they are now gone. I have just brought another one but this is the A5+, so the same work to do all over again, I think they are hard to beat in terms of neutrality and the superb mid open character with the mods in place.
    thanks again guys.
    paul

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12