+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vinyl sales in the last 19 years...

I'm Francois.

Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

I'm John.

Good to see sales rise. Let's hope it contunues in the years to come.

John

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

You know what this MIGHT mean if it continues? The rebirth, hopefully not in mullered form, of the Techie They'd have to see a genuine market demand though since they were made in huge batches every so often and from what I gather, the main board may need to be redesigned as I understand some IC's aren't made any more, but you never know. It just depends on whether DJ's will return to vinyl on the road - sorry, but it was thanks to them the original kept going for thirty years and more

[edit] - Wiki says the mk2 was introduced in 1978!
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm Dave.

I regularly frequent Sister Ray in Berwick street and spoke to the owner the other day inquiring whether his vinyl sales were up. He replied (with a smile) that they were and by no small margin. His answer warmed the cockles of my heart..

I personally have never stopped buying vinyl and still have all my records I bought since I was about 12 years old. Thankfully I was never swept up in the whole CD thing...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm afesteringvinylphile.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    ...It just depends on whether DJ's will return to vinyl on the road - sorry, but it was thanks to them the original kept going for thirty years and more...
    Right, you are about that! While I would never be caught dead (or alive) "scratchin'" I certainly have to give them respect for keeping the 12xx in production for so long.

Of course, I'd rather they re-enter the market with a technology updated SP-10MK2 or MK3 (fewer IC's, user adjustable torque, etc.). I'd sell my kids for one.
    Lyrics are the ramblings of man, sometimes inspired by The Creator, most often, not.
    But music (melodies, harmonies, rhythms), that's God stuff.
    Always was. Always will be.

One of the biggest lies ever told was that only certain kinds of people should listen to certain kinds of music.

(silent) VINYL LP SLIDESHOWS

I'm scott.

think Vinyl will outlive the Cd myself & there is a almost daily new Sacd releases
    have trouble keeping up with all the 180 & 200g & box sets released these days
    both these formats where offcially declared Dead almost ten years

I'm Frank.

Quote Originally Posted by Thing Fish View Post
    I regularly frequent Sister Ray in Berwick street and spoke to the owner the other day inquiring whether his vinyl sales were up. He replied (with a smile) that they were and by no small margin.
    My local dealer said the same, but then pointed out most were being bought by collectors and would probably never be played, which was a surprise.

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by f1eng View Post
    My local dealer said the same, but then pointed out most were being bought by collectors and would probably never be played, which was a surprise.
    I can't see the point of that myself...

All mine get well played...
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

I'm Francois.

Oh yes, music is to be played...
    Francois, Bergerac, France
    Source component/s:
    Musical Fidelity M1 Dac, Allo Digi One, Sony SCD-XE800, AVID Ingenium Twin arm, Audio Note Arm One, Groovemaster II 12in, Audio Note IQ3 MM, Denon DL103R MC, Croft Basic 25, TQ Iridium Phonostage, Puresound T10 Stepup Transformer, Zavfino majestic tonearm cable
    Amplification:
    Audio Note OTO PP, Dussun V6i
    Loudspeakers:
    Triangle Comete ES, Klispch RP600M
    Cables/stands:
    Quadraspire, Belden 9497

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12