+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello

I'm alan.

Default Hello

Hi guys been a lurker here for a while , thought it was about time I became a fully paid up member .I had a Cyrus pre / mono bloc system with dynaudio speakers until recently but I sold the lot off . I'm now looking to move into the wonderful world of valves , this looks like a good place to pick up some info !

I'm scott.

Hi welcome to the AOS scottish massive alan , you can borrow a valve amp if you want
    just off the M74

I'm alan.

That would be great mate if its ok with you ?

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi Alan, just picked this thread up, nice to see you here.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

BTW, Scott is a good guy to deal with, should have several amps you could have a listen to.

I'm alan.

Thanks for the welcome guys , this looks like a great forum . It's good to see you here too Ali !

I'm inthescottishmafia.

So all know, I used to work with Alan, and didn't even know he was into hi fi. It's a funny hobby this...
    Last edited by Ali Tait; 10-04-2013 at 20:32.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Welcome Alan - any friend of Ali's is ok by us, but not a necessity!

So have you got any gear left, or starting from scratch? Hope you want us to help spend your money - we're good at that!

What's your musical preferences?

Hope you enjoy AoS.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm alan.

Hi Alex I actually sold all my gear off to raise the funds to buy a wood burning stove , I still cant believe i did it ! I took a Cyrus 5 amp in part exchange for my Cyrus pre and I bought a pair of AE Aelite 3 which i got ex dem for a good price . Source wise I have a Rega Planar and a Cyrus cd player so I still have a basic system to listen to .
    I listen to quite a varied selection of music , I like a bit of Zepplin , The Doors some classical , Stone Roses , Bowie all sorts really !

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

As long as you don't stick any of your music on the stove! Make sure you have some furniture, old newspapers or children to burn before it gets to that stage!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast