+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Class D amplifiers

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauntless View Post
    Just bought one of these from the US.

http://classdaudio.com/audio-amplifiers.html?p=2

I think the chip set is Texas Instruments. Very pleased with my purchase. Tom, the companies owner, feels his amps are as good as anything on the market.

Micheal, would love to hear your findings on these amps.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm inthescottishmafia.

I think the chip set is Texas Instruments. Very pleased with my purchase. Tom, the companies owner, feels his amps are as good as anything on the market.
    Well he would say that, he's selling them.

Be interested in what you think too.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm Michael.

Default SDS 470C Class D Amp.

Hi,
    Can post on the SDS amp in a week or two. I've had it for about 3 weeks at present. In the meantime you can find several reviews online by typing 'class D audio review' into google. Ali Tait can ofcourse pop in when he's passing for a quick listen!

I'm Neil.

Yes, lots of company owners do feel that.

Oops, didn't see Ali's response ha ha.
    Mana Acoustics Racks / Bright Star IsoNodes Decoupling >> Allo DigiOne Player >> Pedja Rogic's Audial Model S DAC + Pioneer PL-71 turntable / Vista Audio phono-1 mk II / Denon PCL-5 headshell / Reson Reca >> LFD DLS >> LFD PA2M (SE) >> Royd RR3s.

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Hi,
    Can post on the SDS amp in a week or two. I've had it for about 3 weeks at present. In the meantime you can find several reviews online by typing 'class D audio review' into google. Ali Tait can ofcourse pop in when he's passing for a quick listen!
    Be interesting to compare to a Bantam Gold.
    “Music has always been a matter of energy to me, a question of fuel. Sentimental people call it inspiration, but what they really mean is fuel. I have always needed fuel. I am a serious consumer. On some nights I still believe that a car with the gas needle on empty can run about fifty more miles if you have the right music very loud on the radio”

Hunter S Thompson

I'm rupert.

here the (final) build pics of the UcD 180 ., not a beauty to look at but it surely sounds pretty good

Last edited by r100; 04-12-2013 at 19:59.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by r100 View Post
    here the (final) build pics of the UcD 180 ., not a beauty to look at but it surely sounds pretty good

Very nice!!!!!
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Nice case. Modushop?

Hunter S Thompson

I'm rupert.

thanks all

from ebay

http://m.ebay.com/itm/120945750823?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

or search 2107 aluminum case

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Cheers.

Hunter S Thompson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234