Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Well done, Mods - I doff my cap to you

I'm Rich.

Hi chaps,

Also glad I kept out of this one, sad that Harry and Marco were unable to resolve offline. Harry, if you can take my view as impartial mate I wouldn't trust that Dunn fella as far as could hoy him mate. The attack dogs there singled me out for my gear choices and there's nowt worse than finding out about name calling behind your back. I don't know them and I don't owe them. Best it stays that way.

Harry, you were missed at Steve's do last night. Hope you can still make some of the gigs, cone and say hello if you can.

Cheers
    One of these days... I'm going to cut you into little pieces.

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Harry fella, despite me not agreeing with your point of view (just as I'm sure you disagree with what I post), life's too short. You have a great Hi-Fi and a family, just enjoy them . . . put on some toons, pour yourself a drink, say 'fuck it' and put it down to another of life's experiences - this is going nowhere but to a bad place.
    +1
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm ChrisB.

Coming from someone who professes to only deal in the truth, those 'facts' are rather interesting.

1. It started with an argument about politics. The debate was robust and adult. I didn't resort to personal insults. I never do.
    There was nothing so obvious as a "You are a ...."(insert your favourite insult here). Harry's chosen method is far more insidious than that. Witness, for example, his attempt at the character assassination of Ian (UV101) by making inferences about the fact that he is divorced. In my mind, that is nothing but pure venom and Ian did very well not to react as he would have had every right to do.

3. One of the mods (same guy who had previously ignored TWO messages I sent him) closed the thread and ticked me off. Nothing was said until much later about Clive's childish and abusive remarks.
    That would be me then. The facts are that I received no such message from Harry. Nor have I received any from him since February. As I explained on the thread, I didn't reply to that because I dealt with his complaint in public – as he chose to complain to me in public and private too, so I replied in public. Again as I explained in the thread, I don't consider it necessary to answer the same thing twice.

As I also said in Harry's Critics corner thread, when I closed the original thread, it was as a direct response to Clive's insulting remarks – my comment was that I was closing the thread before any more insulting behaviour occurred – and that was directed at both of them; the unbiased treatment that Harry so vehemently demands. On a different point, I then told Harry that it was unacceptable for him to ignore Alex' repeated instruction to be less confrontational. In fact, Harry had also ignored that same direction from 2 other moderators. If you ignore a point of order from a moderator, then expect another one to chime in. If you ignore that, then guess what? Is that ganging up on someone? Bullying? No. I suspect that had Marco been here, that alone would have resulted in a week long ban.

4. There was then some selective 'tidying' of the thread with Clive's comments amended and mine left. This was a deliberate attempt to rewrite history.
    The 'rewriting of history' accusation is opinion, not fact.

5. Having tried to reason with Alex, he also resorted to abuse.
    This is utterly untrue – there is not a single instance of Alex or any other moderator abusing Harry or anyone else throughout this entire fiasco. So much for Harry's 'truth'.

The final straw was when he posted 'shut it. If you don't shut it, we'll shut it for you'.
    Harry has chosen to ignore what Alex meant by those badly chosen words, which was to stop his objectionable behaviour or risk a ban. I had already made it clear that if the debate had been allowed to continue as it had been going then it would likely result in one or more people being banned for a period. It was very obvious to me and I'm sure everyone else, which people I was referring to.
    For Harry to choose to interpret Alex' words as 'The boys will be round with baseball bats if you don't shut up' is quite simply preposterous, as all but those who have an anti AoS agenda will agree.

6. Having been treated unfairly I tried to post my feelings in Critics Corner. This you'll recall is the section of your site that you are most proud of. You mentioned it recently.

7. The thread was closed quickly. I posted again. That was deleted.
    The thread was not quickly closed, it lasted for 18 hours and there were well over 50 posts on it. When Harry chose to childishly bombard every AoS thread he could get onto with his moaning, we locked the thread & Nick put him into a 'read only' category.

It is all there to see if you care to read the two threads in question. We've all wasted enough time and energy on this, so I suggest we go back to talking about hi-fi and music.
    Last edited by The Grand Wazoo; 09-04-2013 at 10:07. Reason: Clarity, formatting and punctuation.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    We've all wasted enough time and energy on this, so I suggest we go back to talking about hi-fi and music.
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

I totally agree. Well summarised, Chris

You've also highlighted very clearly Harry's acute inability to accurately follow the correct sequence of events, or even indeed remember what had *actually* happened during the dispute in question, instead of the fantasyland that he was portraying, which was a major reason why all this nonsense started in the first place!!

If anyone has got more to add, then they can PM one of the mods or I, and the discussion will be reopened to allow opinions to be expressed. Therefore, until then we'll leave Harry, Dunn and his two arse-lickers to wallow in their delusions and self-inflicted victim complex.

Harry, trust me, when they get bored of using you as a stick to prod at AoS and me, you'll be dumped quicker than you were sacked from your toy newspaper!

Have a nice life. Over and out.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

I'm NotTakingLifeTooSeriouslyTheseDays.

Harry,
    Glad to see you have sorted things with Clive, i will worry no more, you're a big boy, and well able to look after yourself, you have been in amongst much worse than RD in your career, so i am sure you already have the measure of the man.
    A...
    "Today scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality"
    Nikola Tesla

Its now a conspiracy theory to believe that the Immune system is capable of doing the job it was designed to do.
    A fish is only as healthy as the water its swimming in ! [Dr Robert Young]

www.tubedistinctions.co.uk

Matthew 5:10

I'm AudioAl'sArbiterForPISHANTO.

Arrow Conclusion

I would just like to add, for the sake of clarity, that due to his now, well-documented, completely unacceptable behaviour, Harry (isuckedmandelsonslemons) has been banned from this site - and that the ban is permanent.

Marco.
    Main System

Turntable: Heavily-modified Technics SL-1210MK5G [Mike New bearing/ETP platter/Paul Hynes SR7 PSU & reg mods]. Funk Firm APM Achromat/Nagaoka GL-601 Crystal Record Weight/Isonoe feet & boots/Ortofon RS-212D/Denon DL-103GL in Denon PCL-300 headshell with Funk Firm Houdini/Kondo SL-115 pure-silver cartridge leads.

Paul Hynes MC head amp/SR5 PSU. Also modded Lentek head amp/Denon AU-310 SUT.

Other Cartridges: Nippon Columbia (NOS 1987) Denon DL-103. USA-made Shure SC35C with NOS stylus. Goldring G820 with NOS stylus. Shure M55E with NOS stylus.

CD Player: Audiocom-modified Sony X-777ES/DAS-R1 DAC.

Tape Deck: Tandberg TCD 310, fully restored and recalibrated as new, by RDE, plus upgraded with heads from the TCD-420a. Also with matching TM4 Norway microphones.

Preamps: Heavily-modified Croft Charisma-X. LDR Stereo Coffee. Power Amps: Tube Distinctions Copper Amp fitted with Tungsol KT-150s. Quad 306.

Cables & Sundries: Mark Grant HDX1 interconnects and digital coaxial cable, plus Mark Grant 6mm UP-LCOFC Van Damme speaker cable. MCRU 'Ultimate' mains leads. Lehmann clone headphone amp with vintage Koss PRO-4AAA headphones.

Tube Distinctions digital noise filter. VPI HW16.5 record cleaning machine.

Speakers: Tannoy 15MGs in Lockwood cabinets with modified crossovers. 1967 Celestion Ditton 15.

Protect your HUMAN RIGHTS and REFUSE ANY *MANDATORY* VACCINE FOR COVID-19!

Also **SAY NO** to unjust 'vaccine passports' or certificates, which are totally incompatible with a FREE society!!!

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345