+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Downloadable adverts failing to run

I'm openingabottleofwine.

Default Downloadable adverts failing to run

Not sure if this is the correct place for the following observation/complaint, but I notice that one of the 'tail-end' adverisments at the bottom of each page is downloadable (?). This is the one on the right hand side.

It invariably fails to load and I'm getting fed up seeing a message pop up, stating: "An add-on for the website failed to run".

Is it just me and my computer, or have others found the same? Can anything be done about it?
    Barry

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Not sure if this is the correct place for the following observation/complaint, but I notice that one of the 'tail-end' adverisments at the bottom of each page is downloadable (?). This is the one on the right hand side.

It invariably fails to load and I'm getting fed up seeing a message pop up, stating: "An add-on for the website failed to run".

Is it just me and my computer, or have others found the same? Can anything be done about it?
    I don't think it is you or your 'puter Barry as it seems to state that it is an add-on for the website which is at fault

I'm Nick.

Marco is trying out a slightly different mix of the Google ads that are served by the forum. The chance made is one within the Google config. There haven't been any changes within the forum whatsoever.

Which browser version are you using Barry? I will check the Google ad set up is correctly done.
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

I'm Nick.

The config of the Google ads looks all good to display text and rich media / image ads.

Must be a browser compatibility issue. Would be interesting if others reported a similar experience.

If you want to switch Ads off, use Ad Block Plus https://adblockplus.org
    Nick
    My system...

Follow AOS on Twitter: @AoS_Forum

MartinT Guest

I'm not getting any errors here and the Google ad correctly goes to the site concerned. IE10 on W8 here.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

I'm having no issues here either - running Win7 and Firefox 20.0.1
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm openingabottleofwine.

I'm using Windows 'Vista'. I often get the same message when I go to the Yahoo front page.

Don't worry about it Guys - I can live with it.
    Barry

I'm Alan.

Try latest IE or another browser?

I'm Neal.

I'm running safari on Mac OS SL with flash blocker, the bottom r/h advert is flash so maybe its the flash add on thats not working for your browser...
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

MartinT Guest

Could be. Barry - it might be good to go to the Adobe site and 'get Adobe Flash', which will ensure you have the latest version installed.

+ Reply to Thread