+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Si's space-saving system

Default Si's space-saving system

Before I experiment with a 1210, I thought I'd post a pic of my system to date. Yes, I know a rickety wooden desk isn't an ideal base on which to mount a turntable, but I'm restricted by severe WAF guidelines. I'm trying to persuade her that a wall-mounted shelf wouldn't look ugly - wish me luck.

Simon
    ------
    KEF Reference 201/2, Quad II Classic Integrated, Pure Sound P10, Pure Sound T10, Pro-Ject RPM 10, Pro-Ject 10cc, Goldring Legacy, Atlas Mavros speaker cable, NVA interconnects, Merlin Black Widow mains cables

I'm Jason.

Love the techno-robot thingy, and the speakers. Looks great.

And I particularly like your choice of vinyl... though I only have it on CD. Beirut are genuine originals and fantastic musicians... can't wait for the new album!

Jason

I'm Neil.

Nice set up Simon.

I like the Robot too, what is it ?

Do you use any further isolation under your Audio Research pre and power ? The reason I ask is that while the Atacama table is good the glass can mess with the sound a bit IMHO. Try some small RDC cones under the pre/power. The P10 would benefit too but I think something compliant might be better. A set of RDC cups under the Roksan would be worth trying too, while you wait permission for your wall shelf.

Regards D S D L
    Last edited by Spectral Morn; 09-04-2009 at 12:41.
    Regards Neil

I'm Simon.

Hi Simon,

I guess I have no problems with WAF here - my wife thinks your valve amp looks beautiful!

Simon.
    System 1: Marantz CD6000OSE, Beresford TC-7520, Marantz PM6010OSE, QED QNect II interconnect, Dual CS505 Mk3 turntable with Audiotechnica AT110E cartridge, Denon DRM-700A cassette deck, biwired B&W 685 S2 speakers on sand-filled Atacama SE24 supports.
    System 2: Marantz M-CR610, JPW Gold Monitors, Chord C-Screen speaker cables, NAS drive.
    System 3 (portable): Cayin N3
    My website: Foxysounds website
    My music: Foxysounds music

The little fella's a ZMP Nuvo - a very sophisticated personal robot, but that's not really saying much. I also have a Sony AIBO and, believe me, despite how amazing the technology is, the result ends up disappointing because it hints at how cool these things can be, but you're faced with a slow, dull robot that won't do as it's told (or do much at all). One day...

Thanks for the thoughts on isolation, Neil. I'll give it a go.
    Simon
    ------
    KEF Reference 201/2, Quad II Classic Integrated, Pure Sound P10, Pure Sound T10, Pro-Ject RPM 10, Pro-Ject 10cc, Goldring Legacy, Atlas Mavros speaker cable, NVA interconnects, Merlin Black Widow mains cables

I'm Neil.

No problem Simon

It would be interesting to see what you think about these suggestions, after you try them.

Regards D S D L
    Regards Neil

Haven't tried playing with the isolation yet, but I have installed my 1210, and what a difference! Music's suddenly so much more pacey and exciting, or in some cases just not ruined - I couldn't listen to 'First Night' by The Hold Steady on the Roksan, because it sounded so warbly, but the Technics keeps a grip and plays it how it should be played. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with a new PSU...

Simon
    ------

+ Reply to Thread