+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sealed LP's

I'm Nobody.

If i were to be pickey & choosey regarding pressing quality, i think id be down to a handfull of LP's (Probably letting the Sound Quality dictate my music style like a lot of peple do ) . These days i just don't care too much, things like slightly wavey records & tiny dings on the sleeves do annoy me but i soon say to myself who really cares.

For instance i bought a new pressing of Pink Floyd 'Atom Heat Mother' the vinyl has very tiny traces of colour in the black, sign they had previously pressed off coloured vinyl but been a bit careless possibly coloured pellets have found their way into black, who knows. I wasnt happy but you know i couldnt be arsed to send it back. Seems my life long OCD driven perfectionist streak is breaking down as i get older.

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Quote Originally Posted by WOStantonCS100 View Post
    "Still Sealed" or "SS" = We've no idea what condition it's in or whether the pressing is good or junk. Nevertheless, we want you to pay crazy money for it. Poo's on you if it turns out to be a turd. Good luck and place your bid!
    You do make me chuckle Biff, always rely on you to keep it real!
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Nobody.

Regarding collecting Records & the unbelievable high prices some go for, i don't think Quality, Scratches & the overall state of the thing comes into the equation.. It's all to do with owning a genuine item, a 1st issue according to an old collector mate of mine!

I used to cringe at the state of some er thur records he used to pay big cutter for mi bruvvers. Where as i was reverse mentality, Minto condition or I aint wasnt playing.

MartinT Guest

It's even harder than that. Some used vinyl I've bought looks pristine but plays poorly because of groove damage caused by a badly setup deck. Others have had surface scuffs which you don't hear, the record having cleaned up superbly.

As long as I don't see deep scratches I'll often take a chance on it and put it a couple of times through the RCM.

Visual checking only goes so far with vinyl.

I'm Shaun.

I have a still sealed copy of ELP 'Brain Salad Surgery' that I bought from the Lanes in Brighton back in 2000. I know its not worth anything but for the time being, it is going to stay sealed.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by Haselsh1 View Post
    I have a still sealed copy of ELP 'Brain Salad Surgery' that I bought from the Lanes in Brighton back in 2000. I know its not worth anything but for the time being, it is going to stay sealed.
    Waste of a record IMO.
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

I'm ChrisB.

No I think that one's best left where it is.
    (I think we've done this converstation before)

I'm Nobody.

Shaun:

Is it that Castle Re-issue with the Blk/orange Obi Strip + free 7'' single ?

Gissit
    Last edited by Rare Bird; 17-04-2013 at 12:09.

I'm AMusicFanNotAnAudiophile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post
    (I think we've done this converstation before)
    Chris

Common sense isn't anymore!

MartinT Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Grand Wazoo View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast