+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New postal charges.

I'm Jerry.

Default New postal charges.

Beware! Last week I sent a parcel and the postage cost was £8.50. I posted a similar item today and the cost was £12.96.
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Yup, there was a price increase today - 2nd April 2013. Not everything has gone up, but the parcels service has changed.

http://www.royalmail.com/parcels-made-easy

There is a guide here: UK Parcel Service Guide
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

I'm NotSoPissedOffNowCosMyHiFisUnpacked.

LOL they really dont want any business do they!!!!! Another total waste of space!

You can send 25kg 75x50x30 next day within the UK for £8.99 plus vat with UPS using interparcel! I've been using them for years. Anything from bike engines to CD Players to small items

post office and parcel force are no use at all unless its a letter!!!!!
    Ian
    http://www.hifisounds.co.uk

Photo bucket - loads of mods!

SL1200- DIY PSU- DIY FET int regs-Denon DL103 by Expert Stylus Company on Isokenetic stabiliser & Sumiko HS-12 shell- Achromat - Isonoe feet, Meridian 200 Phono satge, Junson JA-88D, Audio Aero Capitole CD/ DAC, extreme modified Marantz SA7001, Squeezebox Touch modded to death!, Focal 826WSE- Kimber 8TC, Kimber and CAT5 attenuated DIY Interconnects, Kimber mains

"Leave Nothing as Standard"

I'm Dave.

For those with an iPhone there is a new free (or pay for full version) Royal Mail app for calculating the new postal charges.
    In - Tweaked Lenco GL75, Linn Ittok, Ortofon Cadenza Black
    Through - Croft Micro 25 RS LS, power R monoblocks, RIAA R. Ortofon ST-80 SE SUT.
    Along - Tellurium Q Ultra Black cables
    Out - Harbeth SHL5 Plus XD's

Street photography

Dave

+ Reply to Thread