Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Barnsley bans under 16s???

Alex_UK is offline Spotify + Facebook Moderator / Chilled-Out Wino and only here for the shilling

I'm WrappingALilacCurtainAroundMyBobby.

Harry -

Well in my opinion, "What a stupid comment" is much more confrontational than it needs to be - you're a professional word-smith, I'm sure you can come up with something a little friendlier that still gets your point across?

As for earning respect - I completely agree - but surely having a different opinion to your own doesn't automatically disqualify them?

Anyway, onwards and upwards.
    Alex

Main System: Digital: HP Laptop/M2Tech Hiface/Logitech Media Server/FLAC; Marantz SA7001 KI Signature SACD Player and other digital stuff into Gatorised Beresford Caiman DAC Vinyl: Garrard 401/SME 3009 SII Improved/Sumiko HS/Nagaoka MP-30
    Amplifier: Rega Brio R. Speakers: Spendor SP1. Cables: Various, mainly Mark Grant.
    Please see "about me" for the rest of my cr@p! Gallery

A.o.S. on Facebook - A.o.S. on Spotify - A.o.S. on Twitter

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing and be nothing Aristotle

I'm Harry.

Default Barnsley bans under 16s???

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    £47,000 a year is £903 a week. It ain't far off from a grand.
    Come on Stan. You clearly stated that he takes home a grand a week. I'm no expert but I'm guessing £903 a week would give you a take home pay of less than £700.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_UK View Post
    Harry -

Well in my opinion, "What a stupid comment" is much more confrontational than it needs to be - you're a professional word-smith, I'm sure you can come up with something a little friendlier that still gets your point across?

As for earning respect - I completely agree - but surely having a different opinion to your own doesn't automatically disqualify them?

Anyway, onwards and upwards.
    Alex, I thought it was a stupid comment. Don't see what's wrong with saying so. And I've seen far, far worse on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by isuckedmandelsonslemons View Post
    Come on Stan. You clearly stated that he takes home a grand a week. I'm no expert but I'm guessing £903 a week would give you a take home pay of less than £700.
    I texted him and he actually texted back to say that he is taking home more than a grand a week. I's none of my business what he does for that amount, but he is the son of immigrants. So the idea that immigrants have driven down wages just don't hold water.

I'm Harry.

Quote Originally Posted by StanleyB View Post
    I texted him and he actually texted back to say that he is taking home more than a grand a week. I's none of my business what he does for that amount, but he is the son of immigrants. So the idea that immigrants have driven down wages just don't hold water.
    My points still stand. I've told you how much tube drivers are paid so as I said he's either bullshitting or he does a lot of overtime.

I don't see how you can extrapolate your last statement just because tube drivers are reasonably well paid.

I'm Mark.

The jobs that are available are mostly low paid or part time or both.

This is why there are so many young people unemployed as they generally don't want part time jobs.

Having a generation of graduates working in poor jobs is disgraceful. This is caused largely by New Labour's folly in getting more young people into university. They'd seen the projections and hated the thought of soaring unemployment under Labour. That is also why they overspent creating jobs in the public sector.
    Now that I totally agree with

but isn't that what happens in a recession?

Boom and bust is a fact of life, it will get better eventually, pretty much luck of the draw when you are born as to whether your exit from Uni coincided with one or the other.

I was lucky enough to go to Uni during the bust and graduate as it got better, could easily have been the other way.

I just don't think that's something we can blame the current government for.

Labour presided overs years of amazing boom, and yet still ended up leaving office with nothing in the bank for the recession and a massive debt.

101 Economics say you wouldn't do that with your personal finances let alone the countries.

I'm Clive.

Wow! A house with six bedrooms and four floors. I presume I'm meant to be impressed. Sorry but it's a bit like saying 'my dad's bigger than your dad'. Perhaps we can compare cars and houses?
    You are a tosser. What I'm trying to demonstrate is that there's a lot cleaning to do (this was the context), you arrogant twat.

What I'm trying to demonstrate is that there's a lot cleaning to do (this was the context).

For all you know I might live in a low cost area with a house worth very little.
    Last edited by Marco; 07-04-2013 at 10:32. Reason: Profanities (previously deleted), now restored, for sense of balance
    TT 1 Trans-Fi Salvation with magnetic bearing + Trans-Fi Terminator T3Pro + London Reference
    TT 2 Garrard 301 with NWA main bearing + Audiomods Series Six 10.5" + Ortofon 2M Mono SE
    Digital Lindemann Bridge + Gustard R26 with LB external clock
    Pre and Power Amp EWA M40P + M40A
    Bass Amp & DSP Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP x 2
    Speakers 1 Bastanis Sagarmatha Duo with twin baffleless 15" bass drivers per side
    Speakers 2 MarkaudioSota Viotti Tower

I'm ChrisB.

Right gents, now it's time to stop.
    Perhaps we'll close this thread for a while before we have any more of the personal attacks.
    Harry, you have repeatedly defied Alex' polite requests to conduct civilised debate and that is unacceptable.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678