Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley bans under 16s???

I'm Julian.

Default Barnsley bans under 16s???

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/barnsley-ba...8.html#JNFC63l

Surely this is "illegal" and unethical - first step towards a police state?
    Sonore Rendu - Cambridge Audio Edge W - Sonus Faber Venere 2.5

I'm inthescottishmafia.

Don't see how that can be legal?

synsei Guest

This is a pre-emptive move by Barnsley council. Once the Bedroom Tax kicks in on Tuesday all hell is going to break loose as people finally realise what it will mean and how hard it is going to hit them. Those living in social housing and on a low income are going to be hit hardest of all by this heinous bit of legislation, yet another example of this government attacking the less well off. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!!!

I'm Julian.

It is Thatcher and the '80s all over again ... Grim.

I'm Paul.

The police will have a busy night if every under 16 turned up. It's unworkable.

synsei Guest

This is far worse than the Thatcher years Julian, it is an outright attack on the poor and disadvantaged. Please note that the rich aren't suffering at all during this so called crisis. Corporate and finance supremos are becoming so emboldened during this crisis that they engineered, that they are attacking entire states now. Just look at what is happening to Greece and Cyprus. Next will be Italy and Spain, mark my words. We really need to open our eyes to see what is truly going on here. Large corporations and financiers are making a landgrab, pure and simple.

p.s. The Gold Lion ECC88 turned up safe and sound this morning Julian, thank you Just need another now as one of my Mullards went pop

I'm Andy.

Thought they would have brushed this under the carpet- like some other stuff that goes on up there..........................
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm Julian.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    This is far worse than the Thatcher years Julian, it is an outright attack on the poor and disadvantaged. Please note that the rich aren't suffering at all during this so called crisis. Corporate and finance supremos are becoming so emboldened during this crisis that they engineered, that they are attacking entire states now. Just look at what is happening to Greece and Cyprus. Next will be Italy and Spain, mark my words. We really need to open our eyes to see what is truly going on here. Large corporations and financiers are making a landgrab, pure and simple.

p.s. The Gold Lion ECC88 turned up safe and sound this morning Julian, thank you Just need another now as one of my Mullards went pop
    Blimey that tube took its time!

I know all about what's going on in Greece - my in-laws and family are really suffering over there.

Don't understand your point about "large corporations and financiers making a landgrab" - what do you mean by that?

I'm Mark.

what has this to do with the bedroom tax (daft name as it is) link won't work?

but how there is anything unfair about those whose housing is paid for by the state being asked to downsize if they aren't using its full capacity is beyond me

synsei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Blimey that tube took its time!

I know all about what's going on in Greece - my in-laws and family are really suffering over there.

Don't understand your point about "large corporations and financiers making a landgrab" - what do you mean by that?
    My bad, of course I meant powergrab

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast