+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shure m91ed. new old stock

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Paul, the V15 III and 95-ED could sound thin toned even in an SME on a decent deck. Thiese were a departure from the 75-91 series and were supposed to be "better" because of the laminated pole pieces not causing the suckout that afflicted their earlier designs.

I have to say that my V15T2 sounds sublime to me, and far more subtle and weighty (rather than "dull") than I would have given it credit for.

if you have an arm able to take it, look out for a V15T2 with original stylus (EsCo can fit new diamonds I understand, and not "just" graft a new cantilever/diamond assembly on), since this is the ultimate over the 75-ED and 91-ED
    Tear down these walls; Cut the ties that held me
    Crying out at the top of my voice; Tell me now if you can hear me

I'm richard.

Hi there. Cartridge arrived today and sounds great on my super oem. Sounds much the same as my m75ed but seems to have a sharper sounding top end or maybe i have just aligned it better. Sounds best tracking at just 1gram and .5 on the bias. This one was intended for certain dual models as it was mounted on a wired unit that plugs in to the head shell. If anyone wants this i just need a padded bag addressed with a suitable stamp and i will be pleased to send it on. Email for my address at richardlmartin68@gmail.com Kind regards Richard.

I'm Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJR View Post
    Paul, the V15 III and 95-ED could sound thin toned even in an SME on a decent deck. Thiese were a departure from the 75-91 series and were supposed to be "better" because of the laminated pole pieces not causing the suckout that afflicted their earlier designs.

I have to say that my V15T2 sounds sublime to me, and far more subtle and weighty (rather than "dull") than I would have given it credit for.

if you have an arm able to take it, look out for a V15T2 with original stylus (EsCo can fit new diamonds I understand, and not "just" graft a new cantilever/diamond assembly on), since this is the ultimate over the 75-ED and 91-ED

Great tip...I'd have never considered the V15T2, thanks David. The Hadcock should be ok with it I would have thought.

Location: A Strangely Isolated Place in Suffolk with Far Away Trains Passing By...

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by richard l martin View Post
    . If anyone wants this i just need a padded bag addressed with a suitable stamp and i will be pleased to send it on. Email for my address.
    PM sent

I'm David.

Quote Originally Posted by Reffc View Post
    Great tip...I'd have never considered the V15T2, thanks David. The Hadcock should be ok with it I would have thought.
    Forgive my antsy comments about the hadcock - of course it'll work with a touch of damping added. Tracks a dream at 1g too.

I'm Geoff.

Ha, Dave beat me to it I suppose. I could have done with another cartridge for my Dual 1219. Never mind, I'm waiting for a new M91 ED stylus from the US to fit the Dual specific M91 MG-D body I have. Hopefully that will be suitable.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12