+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A few photo's from Cleethorpes

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by sq225917 View Post
    Great spot for kite surfing too.
    It certainly is judging by the number of people that come here to do it.

I'm Simon.

It's quite a special spot, you get that massive lagoon by the boat club emptying out over 3 hours through a quite narrow outlet. So you get 10-12 knots of current in there, meaning you can ride in very little wind.
    Kuzma Stabi/S 12", (LP12-bastard) DC motor and optical tacho psu, Benz LP, Paradise (phonostage). MB-Pro, Brooklyn dac and psu, Bruno Putzeys balanced pre, mod86p dual mono amps, Yamaha NS1000m

I'm Rob.

Not only is Cleethorpes a great photo opportunity, it is the birth place of one of the least known names in the pop world - Rod Temperton. Once a member of Heatwave, but better known for his writing and co-writing skills for Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones and others. Some of his successes :-

Boogie Nights
    The Dude
    Razzamataz
    Rock With You
    Off The Wall
    Thriller
    Yah Mo Be There

etc etc
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

I'm Shaun.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    Not only is Cleethorpes a great photo opportunity, it is the birth place of one of the least known names in the pop world - Rod Temperton. Once a member of Heatwave, but better known for his writing and co-writing skills for Michael Jackson, Quincy Jones and others. Some of his successes :-

Boogie Nights
    The Dude
    Razzamataz
    Rock With You
    Off The Wall
    Thriller
    Yah Mo Be There

etc etc
    I honestly never knew that but I shall be very well informed when it crops up in a local quiz night.

I'm Shaun.

Taken today Friday 3rd January, this is a defensive barrier at a place called Buck Beck close to Cleethorpes and is supposed to stop people jumping off into the water.

I'm Shaun.

A shot of Cleethorpes seafront taken today Friday 3rd January on a very cold and windy day.

I'm Shaun.

A digital image taken yesterday of one of the lantern markers on Cleethorpes seafront. The red and white boat in the distance is waiting for high tide so that it can proceed up the river Humber to Grimsby docks where it will offload its cargo of Audi's.

I'm Shaun.

Default Humber Mouth Yacht Club

This one is digital and was shot at a place called the 'Fitties' which apparently is local speak for a salt marsh. It is located at the very southern most end of Cleethorpes close to a place called Tetney Salt Marsh where there is a small community of beach chalets. There are two of WWI military forts in the river and of course, the Humber Mouth Yacht Club.

This shot was taken during September 2014 using an Olympus Pen Lite set at ISO 100 but underexposed by half a stop to saturate the colours.

I'm Rob.

Do I spot the elusive Mr Temperton in the far far distance......or is it a Martello Tower
    Buy Bose...And get your parking validated!.

https://youtu.be/ZCBe7-6rw4M

No Highs...No Lows....It Must Be Bose!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123