+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hawkwind.. Steve Wilson

MartinT Guest

Great - I can make that date. Shall we?

I'm Dan.

I wish they were coming to Birmingham! That's one of my favourite hawkwind records.

I only saw them once and they were very disappointing, I think it was the Alien 4 or Distant Horizons tour, and unfortunately Ron Tree did all the singing (I'm not a fan of his). They were also completely off their faces which didn't help. I'd love to give them another try

I'm Jerry.

1972 was the last time I saw Hawkwind at this little gathering up the road from me:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er8m4Dffpw0
    Jerry
    Hifi: IPL transmission line floorstanding speakers, Squeezebox Touch, Denafrips Ares 11 DAC, DCB1 Pre-amplifier, Croft Series 7 power amp.
    Custom Hifi cables HA10SE headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400 headphones.
    AV system: LG 55B7, Denon AVR -x2300w receiver, Quad 12L (front) 11c Centre and 11L rear . Velodyne DD15 subwoofer.

I'm Geoff.

I saw Hawkwind probably seven or eight times in my formative years. Still have the albums and still give them a spin, along with the Floyd, Zappa and Crimson amongst others.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm the'greatunwashed'.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinT View Post
    Great - I can make that date. Shall we?
    Can I get back to you by Friday - I really don't like the venue, but it might be OK for a Hawkwind gig - too many chatting fans there and its unreserved standing. Last gig there I walked out because of the audience, mind you it was the fecking girls and it should be old, greasy, pot bellied blokes at this one
    "People will hear what you tell them to hear" - Thomas Edison

MartinT Guest

Yep - denim and leather jacket territory (like Ruth's observation of the Yes gig we went to). I shouldn't worry about the chatter, I doubt we'll hear anything above the sound they make judging by when I saw them last. Let me know!

I'm scott.

rip off new version of warrior for eighty quid

The super deluxe edition of the classic 1975 album, Warrior On The Edge Of Time.

Featuring the band at its most conceptual, ambitious and Progressive, Warrior is rightly regarded as one of the most essential releases in Hawkwind's illustrious catalogue.

Featuring the original analogue stereo master tapes, the set also features a wonderful 5.1 remix from the original 16-track master tapes by Steven Wilson, who has also provided a new stereo remix.

In addition to containing everything in the deluxe set, the super deluxe version also includes an audiophile flat transfer heavyweight LP (in facsimile 'shield' gatefold sleeve with insert), a 48 page booklet, three promotional postcards, a replica 1975 concert ticket, and a reproduction a US in-store poster.

Pre-order for 25th May release.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12