+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sony ES Wanted

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    MASSIVE change in direction, DIY Open baffles (Fullrange driver/15" Bass), with Active Crossover, DIY Decware Zen (FR Driver) with Cheap PA Amp (Bass) and eventually finish the only project started, the DIY TT

As usual, I dont do small side-grades.
    Blimmin eck that is a change! Well, best of luck with it and as they say "the journey is more important than the destination." That will be some journey

I'm Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    Blimmin eck that is a change! Well, best of luck with it and as they say "the journey is more important than the destination." That will be some journey
    Yes it will be, in the past year I have got through a hell of a lot of kit, something like 4 pairs of speakers (not including the 2 I still have and 1 more coming soon) and 10 amps not including the 2 hopefully in the next month!

Its all good though!
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm Buffet-blower.

Quote Originally Posted by istari_knight View Post
    I'd hang onto it if I were you Richard... Not only is it rather awesome but can only increase in value IMO.
    I'm certainly very pleased with it, James. Every time I get itchy feet and start thinking about a new amp, I spend some quality time (like this afternoon) listening to my 770 and it very quickly makes me see sense. Best amp I've owned? Not sure I'd say that, but it's not far off.

Hope you get sorted finding something.
    Richard.

Round & round bits: LP12/Cirkus/Kore/Herc II/Roksan Nima/Hana EL
    Megabits: Bluesound Node 2i/TEAC UD-H01 dac
    Making it louder bits: Phonostage: Dynavector P75 Amp: Cyrus 8vs/PSX-R Speakers: Royd Sintra II
    Connecting it together bits i/c's: Flashback Premier. Speaker cables: Van Damme Hifi

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I'm certainly very pleased with it, James. Every time I get itchy feet and start thinking about a new amp, I spend some quality time (like this afternoon) listening to my 770 and it very quickly makes me see sense. Best amp I've owned? Not sure I'd say that, but it's not far off.

Hope you get sorted finding something.
    Cheers Hopefully something suitable will pop up...

For what the 770's worth I don't think you'll find anything better - Probably due a service by now which can only improve performance IME.

I'm Rob.

I would also have a look at the Denon PMA-2000 range, I had the PMA-2000AE and thought it was actually quite similar to the 770ES, with more than enough power, decent MM/MC stage, battleship build and actually sounded nice and smooth.
    Michell Mycro / AT33PTG/II | Ray Samuels F-117 Nighthawk | Yamaha CD-NT670D | Bryston B60R | ATC SCM10

I'm James.

Quote Originally Posted by hoopsontoast View Post
    I would also have a look at the Denon PMA-2000 range, I had the PMA-2000AE and thought it was actually quite similar to the 770ES, with more than enough power, decent MM/MC stage, battleship build and actually sounded nice and smooth.
    Good call, I've lusted after the PMA-SA1 since its release

I'm Rob.

Yup, even the 2000AE is a beast...

System by RSdesignUK, on Flickr

Sticks about an inch both ends

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12