+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radiator valve

I'm Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    You'll have to remove it fit a standard valve.. I hate em the worse things we ever had fitted.
    That's what I am thinking but I hoped there might be a way to override it. Problem is, it's on the ground floor, so the system will need to be drained down..

I'm Nobody.

Those Rad valves open & close with Temprature. All our rads are set fully balanced but still our place has never been colder since we had em fitted.. Yeh you'll have to drain it.

I'm Dave.

Sometimes you can remove the body from the valve, it then leaves the valve full open so the rad runs all the time. It depends on the design of your particular TRV, some have a clip arrangement, some older ones have a retaining screw. I seem to remember some even had a crude jubilee clip type arrangement. Can't say without seeing yours but generally the thermostatic bit is fitted late on in the manufacturing process so is removable.
    Hope that helps,
    Dave.

I'm Andy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rare Bird View Post
    You'll have to remove it fit a standard valve.. I hate em the worse things we ever had fitted.

IFf l understand this correctly, if you take the thermo valve off, you will reveal a small pin which can stuck in various positions, tap it with a small hammer to release it, this happened to ours years ago, they are truly the work of the devil, Youtube is your friend here.
    System; Michell Gyrodec SE/ Orbe Clamp/ Gert Pedersen armboard mod/ HR PSU/ SME V / J7 Tonearm cable/Ortofon Cadenza Black// Jez Arkless Turbo nutter B------ /Trichord Dino+

Amplification and loudspeaker set up is at the moment being split into two groups, comprising the following;

1. Same sources as above; SONY TAF-770ES/SONY CDP761E/Cable Talk 3.1 loudspeakercable/ Harbeth Compact7ES2/ Stands

2. Virtue Audio Sensation M451battery PSU, ClarityCaps upgrade/ Sensation M901/Russian PIO caps with Teflon bypass caps upgrade/ JT Dynamic PSU with various tweaks/ Connex Audio 5N Litz loudspeaker cable, Impulse H6 Loudspeakers.

Me so horny- Impulse H6 Horny

I'm mike.

Dave's right. Take the valve head off, the more modern ones unscrew.
    I take it you're trying to make this one the bypass?
    'If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you obviously don't fully understand the situation!'

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12