+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Information on these please.

I'm Shane.

Quote Originally Posted by julesd68 View Post
    Ok in that case she could be a keeper!! Apologies to Mrs Mike H ...
    Let hope the Mrs is not bribing him

I'm Geoff.

Yes, there's no doubt they'll be an improvement on the JPWs.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

I'm Mark.

I'd just check all the drivers are working correctly and leave them alone. It's not always easy to notice the Coles working, depending on your hearing. They can still be bought from Falcon Acoustics though.
    The crossover should be alright. No electrolytics in there to go off with age. No nasty dips or anything at the crossover points.

Possibly add new binding posts if you really want to.

£46 is a bargain for the quality of speaker. Not as bargainous as my DM2a's, but still a bargain.
    Give me a shout if you want to move them on at any point.
    Mark

I'm Nobody.

They are late ones going by the black baskets.. Ive had both 'DM4' & 'DM2a'. I prefered the 'DM4'.. However i still have a small pair of 'D5' ('D5' not the 'DM5') i think i prefer them even more..

I'm Mike.

Are the DM2s, the same units in bigger cabs?
    Mike

My kit

Garrard 401, 12 inch Jelco SA – 750L, Yannis Tome 423.5 Phono Silver Litz tonearm cable, Graham Slee Reflex C with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Audio-Technica AT33EV, Audio Technica AT33 Mono, XTZ A100 D3, Azur 650C CDP with Yannis Tome 223.5 Connect-Litz cables, Speakers - Kef LS S0, Graham Slee Novo headphone amp, Sennheiser HD650, Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO.

I'm Nobody.

No not the same units

I'm Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike - H View Post
    Are the DM2s, the same units in bigger cabs?
    Same tweeters, but different woofers. The 4's are front ported and the 2's transmission line.
    Mark

I'm Nobody.

'DM2': Coles '4001G'/'Celestion 'HF1300-II' 'DW200/2'
    'DM4': Coles '4001G'/'Celestion 'HF1300-II'/'DW200/4'

synsei Guest

Geoff doesn't rate early B&W speakers, in fact he appears not to care much for many of the speakers others seem to champion, must be a taste thing I guess I, on the other hand, rate DM2's very highly. I've not heard a pair of DM4's, however I would expect them to retain a similar character to DM2's as the drive units are almost identical. Smaller cabs may mean less bass extension though.

I'm Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by synsei View Post
    Geoff doesn't rate early B&W speakers, in fact he appears not to care much for many of the speakers others seem to champion, must be a taste thing I guess I, on the other hand, rate DM2's very highly. I've not heard a pair of DM4's, however I would expect them to retain a similar character to DM2's as the drive units are almost identical. Smaller cabs may mean less bass extension though.
    Steady Dave, I may not be that keen on the DM4, but I respect and like the DM2 and the little D5 that Andr'e likes, which although small is a better speaker than the DM4 in my humble opinion having owned both.

I do have make preferences, but that doesn't exclude my appreciation of other brands and design interpretations. I have to admit that my listening tends to favour 'point source' speakers though (excluding Lowthers, which were made for the 'aurally impaired' in my view). And I have always liked dipole panel speakers, Quad, Maggies, MLs and the like.
    It is impossible for anything digital to sound analogue, because it isn't analogue!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast