+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: which caps for 7510 I/V stage

Quote Originally Posted by NRG View Post
    but unfortunately the laws for magically rotating capacitors have not.
    Good. Since I intend to use the technique for many other purposes in future projects, I shall remain silent on the how and why.

Stan

I'm Roberto.

I've tried a bunch of capacitors in opamp (line out) input coupling position, and I found all lytics give a warm sound, with deep but rounded bass, low ESR give brighter sound while higher ESR (standard cheap caps) are more veiled and laid back, but all of them lack in transparency and detail, and some are harsh and grainy, especially audible in the female vocals

Metallized film caps are way better in definition and smoothness , but I feel a lack in bass weight and low midrange energy, they don't sound really thin but the upper midrange is too forward, too emphasis in the highs

Now I wanna try film & foil caps

I don't have 7510 schematics, and wonder if somebody could provide me, or at least know the input impedance of the analog output stage seen from the dac, just to calculate the cut frequency for a given capacitance

Film & foil are quite expensive, I'd like to buy the correct value at first shot

thanks

I'm John.

Why don't you try bypassing your favourite lytics with a your favourite film caps?

I'm Neal.

Just use a good 'lytic in the first place
    Listening in a Foo free Zone...

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I'm John.

yea, you're probably right, bypassing is not such a hot idea - better to find a single cap that gives you the sound you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123